Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Fazua Evation

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Fazua Evation

Old 09-21-20, 01:44 PM
guzzibat

Bikes: Cube - ebike and giant nrs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bottom bracket with clip on cover

Clip on cover removed

Sensor attached to this section held in place by the 4 torx screws seen here - be careful when you pull it away
Old 09-21-20, 04:25 PM
guzzibat

Bikes: Cube - ebike and giant nrs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ha - found some info on the top LED berried in the Fazua site
22 DISPLAYS ON MODEL "b" The LED display on the remote consists of 11 LEDs. • The upper LED serves as a status indicator, informing you of the status of your e-bike. • The remaining 10 LEDs indicate the charge level and the support level of the pedal support set. 22.1 Status display The status display indicates a status change or an existing fault. The status indicator does not light up if no fault is detected. Depending on which status is displayed, the LEDs light up in different colors. The status display: • flashes green = "Ready for operation" After successful installation of the drivepack in the e-bike, the status indicator flashes green briefly to indicate that you can now switch on the drive system using the remote. • lights up permanently green = "Bluetooth® device paired" If you have paired a mobile end device (e.g. your smartphone) with the remote via the Bluetooth® function, the status indicator lights up permanently green as long as the Bluetooth® connection between the two devices exists. Chapter "Displays on model "b"" 51 • lights up yellow = "Soft Fault" When a "Soft Fault" occurs, the status indicator lights up yellow. The drive system signals that a temporary or non-critical fault is present, which in most cases leads to a loss of power. If a "soft fault" occurs, you can continue riding your e-bike, but Fazua strongly advises against doing so in order to avoid further damage to the drive system or e-bike. • lights up red = "Hard Fault" When a "Hard Fault" occurs, the status indicator lights up red. If a "hard fault" occurs on your e-bike, the e-bike can no longer be operated and must be serviced.
Old 06-22-22, 09:08 AM
robdv57

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hope those who contributed to this thread might still be engaged. Wondering if the lack of posts since September 2020 means the 'phasing' problem has been largely solved.

Trying out a Fazua powered e-bike, and have been disturbed by it's phasing: assistance cutting in and out, in herky-jerky, disruptive fashion, on climbs. Disappointing, since help on ascents is my primary reason for turning to an e-bike. Will likely look to other e-systems if it doesn't substantially improve.

The bike was assembled in July 2021, the Ride 50 Evation drivepack dates back to October 2020, firmware version is 2.12.

Emailed Fazua Germany after discussions with Fazua NA, awaiting a response. But real world feedback from users provides a better perspective, especially if successful.

Thanks in advance, Rob DV
Old 06-29-22, 04:17 PM
palincss

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by robdv57
Hope those who contributed to this thread might still be engaged. Wondering if the lack of posts since September 2020 means the 'phasing' problem has been largely solved.

Trying out a Fazua powered e-bike, and have been disturbed by it's phasing: assistance cutting in and out, in herky-jerky, disruptive fashion, on climbs. Disappointing, since help on ascents is my primary reason for turning to an e-bike. Will likely look to other e-systems if it doesn't substantially improve.

The bike was assembled in July 2021, the Ride 50 Evation drivepack dates back to October 2020, firmware version is 2.12.

Emailed Fazua Germany after discussions with Fazua NA, awaiting a response. But real world feedback from users provides a better perspective, especially if successful.

Thanks in advance, Rob DV
Below a certain number of revolutions per minute, assist stops. Below a certain amount of effort, assist stops. If you pedal in a jerky manner, assist is going to kick in when you're on the down stroke and will cut off when you hit the dead spot on the bottom of the stroke.
Old 07-03-22, 08:42 PM
robdv57

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fazua has been very forthcoming. When remote communication with the drivepack became erratic they sent a replacement. Since the drivepack didn't resolve the phasing issue, and the remote diagnosis indicated a possible issue with the torque sensor, they are now sending a replacement bottom bracket. Fingers crossed that we are finally getting to the root of the problem.
Old 10-26-22, 04:52 AM
whiskywheels

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by robdv57
Fazua has been very forthcoming. When remote communication with the drivepack became erratic they sent a replacement. Since the drivepack didn't resolve the phasing issue, and the remote diagnosis indicated a possible issue with the torque sensor, they are now sending a replacement bottom bracket. Fingers crossed that we are finally getting to the root of the problem.
Any updates about this issue, or getting to the root of the problem? I ride my Specialized Turbo Vado SL 4 with no problems, but am finding on longish, steep, steady climbs I'm getting this 'phasing' issue on my Fazua equipped Wilier 101X Hybrid XT MTB. Firmware is up to date, and the bike is only 6 weeks old.
Old 10-26-22, 04:54 PM
robdv57

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whiskywheels
Any updates about this issue, or getting to the root of the problem? I ride my Specialized Turbo Vado SL 4 with no problems, but am finding on longish, steep, steady climbs I'm getting this 'phasing' issue on my Fazua equipped Wilier 101X Hybrid XT MTB. Firmware is up to date, and the bike is only 6 weeks old.
The replacement drivepack and bottom bracket did not solve the problem, despite generous and extensive support from Fazua from both the US and Germany, including multiple conversations and remote diagnostic sessions, and their absorption of all shipping charges.

A related problem was a cyclical knocking noise, leading me to suspect that the problem might have been at the motor/bottom bracket interface, where the two separate assemblies have to interlock properly but were perhaps sufficiently misaligned to create the phasing and knocking issues. The onus for that would have been on the frame manufacturer and/or bike shop that did the final assembly. (Using the past tense because as the second owner I had no warranty coverage [despite the bike having been ridden less than 100 miles, a fairly clear shirking of manufacturer responsibility], leading me to return it through ebay).

My only other thought regards the Fazua app threshold settings. Might you have set the assist for the various modes to kick in (or relent) at wattages close to your own climbing wattage, such that you might be repeatedly straddling the threshold, causing assistance to fade in and out? You could try setting the minimum assist at 90W (lowest I recall) and maximum to highest values and see if it helps.

My best advice is to contact Fazua. Good luck.