Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on a RadRunner Plus?

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 05-21-20, 02:08 PM
wrecklessness

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Reviews seem good, but I'm completely new to the e-bikes world! Anyone have any experience with RadPower Bikes?
Likes For wrecklessness:
Old 05-21-20, 03:54 PM
FREEBIRD1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 106 Posts
I've had good luck with my MINI, have a couple hundred miles on it so far. I basically use it for round trips 10 miles and under, and it's performed great, The Rad Runner Plus is the standard model with all the accessories ( not sure if they put a front suspension on it), it has the 20 in. tires like my mini, it doesn't fold. I had to adjust some of the bicycle stuff on it out of the box (brake, derailer), but the electronics have been very reliable. The Rad Runner is a fat tire and rides as such. All in all for the money I like it. If I were to get another one it would be the City, I think the ride quality on pavement would be smooth. I think they have nice standard features, the lighting system is good with a brake light, the screen has good info and is backlit at night, motor cut-offs on brakes is a good thing.
Old 03-01-23, 08:58 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 450 Posts
New RadRunner 3 Plus info:
https://electrek.co/2023/03/01/radru...d-power-bikes/

Seems expensive for $2500, proprietary new battery that doesn't fit previous RadRunner.
Taller platform for cargo can throw off the handling when carry heavy load.
4' 11" is the minimum rider height, seems optimistic.

Last edited by cat0020; 03-01-23 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-06-23, 01:08 AM
speedy25

Bikes: Specialized, Trek, Diamondback, Schwinn, Peugeot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 43 Posts
Rad has a LOT of electrical and electronics problems. As a result things like controllers are almost always on back order. While there are a lot of people who have them I think most of their reviews are from shills, like most non-store brands.
Likes For speedy25:
Old 03-06-23, 05:12 PM
kayakindude

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR600/BioPace, 1991 Cannondale Road Tandem,1994 Giant Iguana MB, 2009 Airnimal Chameleon, 2016 Dahon Vybe C7A

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by speedy25
Rad has a LOT of electrical and electronics problems. As a result things like controllers are almost always on back order. While there are a lot of people who have them I think most of their reviews are from shills, like most non-store brands.
That's a strong blanket statement. Rad makes a pretty solid product. It's our 1st ground up e-bikes and as far as the RadRover it's a lot of bike for the price. I've had no issues and we love pounding on the bikes with a mix of trail riding and climbing. I get it if you have one and didn't like it because of this or that but all bikes have pros and cons, the price point or store vs online doesn't change that.
Old 03-07-23, 09:04 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 613 Posts
My son purchased one for his wife and it's been a good value for their intended use which is riding around the bike paths.

Last edited by 2old; 03-09-23 at 02:02 AM.
Old 03-08-23, 09:42 AM
speedy25

Bikes: Specialized, Trek, Diamondback, Schwinn, Peugeot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 43 Posts
Kayakindude- Yes my statement was strong but accurate based on the number and type of repairs i do. Its backed up by message boards with people in the same position with a broken bike.

It has nothing to do with whether I like the product or not. Working on those bikes had made me some good money in the repair department.

Maybe for the number of repairs I do there are a million other bikes that have no problems. But compared to other better brands, the better bikes DONT have those problems!

-SP

Last edited by speedy25; 03-08-23 at 09:45 AM. Reason: added another comment
Old 03-08-23, 10:25 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Originally Posted by speedy25
Kayakindude- Yes my statement was strong but accurate based on the number and type of repairs i do. Its backed up by message boards with people in the same position with a broken bike.

It has nothing to do with whether I like the product or not. Working on those bikes had made me some good money in the repair department.

Maybe for the number of repairs I do there are a million other bikes that have no problems. But compared to other better brands, the better bikes DONT have those problems!

-SP
Can you provide the specific numbers?
How many ebikes have you repaired in total?
How many Rad ebikes have you repaired in total?
how many of those are electrical problems?
How many other brands have you repaired?
What brands are they?
What message boards are you referring?
Old 03-09-23, 02:19 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 613 Posts
The thing that makes me laugh are bike dealers who denigrate the brands they don't carry (as well as DIY). Their rationale is every Brand X bike they see needs repair. Well, who brings their bike into a service department when it's running perfectly? Several of my acquaintances own bike shops and occasionally an individual will bring a bike they don't carry in for service. They have never been so disingenuous as to say something bad about that brand though. They sell based on the merits of their products.
Old 11-02-23, 11:06 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

https://electrek.co/2023/11/02/radru...electric-bike/