Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Selling our Vintage Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-21, 11:02 AM
Oats0043

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Selling our Vintage Bikes

We have 2 vintage bicycles to sell, 1 is a Custom Osell road bike with Campy equipment, 1 is a Raleigh road bike with mostly Shimano components. We have no idea of values or where to sell these and would appreciate responses.

thank you
Laura and Dan
Old 08-08-21, 11:22 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I moved this thread here from general cycling.

You're going to need to provide more information to get any help. You can't post pictures yet, but if you upload them to an album in your gallery, we can rescue them for you.

We don't allow selling here unless you upgrade your account. There are marketplace forums for upgraded members
Old 08-11-21, 12:40 PM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 1607 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
@Oats0043 - You Hoo! Pics are needed.
Old 08-14-21, 11:42 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by Oats0043
We have 2 vintage bicycles to sell, 1 is a Custom Osell road bike with Campy equipment, 1 is a Raleigh road bike with mostly Shimano components. We have no idea of values or where to sell these and would appreciate responses.

thank you
Laura and Dan
Hello and welcome to the forums. We'd love to see some pics. Try posting them to your gallery and someone will post them here for you since you need 10 post to do so.

Can you tell us a bit more about them? Do you know about when the Osell was made? Which Campagnolo equipment is on it? Any tubing information? What about the Raleigh? There are dozens of different models, does it have a name? What model are the shimano bits?

You can email me some good pics of the pics, include the frame joints and the components and I'll get the s]posted for you BianchiGirLL@yahoo.com

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-23-21, 09:16 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

The OP sent me a pic of each bike in question. The Raleigh appears to be an International in I believe Mink? A tad small though.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-23-21, 09:17 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

thank you
Laura and Dan
I posted the pics

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-23-21, 03:59 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Ahhhhh, the obligatory non driveside shot we all know and love
Likes For DMC707:
Old 08-24-21, 12:24 AM
Insidious C. 

Bikes: One of everything and three of everything French

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 213 Posts
I'm sure BG just mistyped, but that's a Raleigh Professional. Both are very nice bikes. The Osell has the long chain stays of a sport tourer.
Old 08-24-21, 09:51 AM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,995 Posts
Raleigh Pro and a Custom
the Raleigh benefits from Nostalgia.
the other appears nice but tall guys are cheap.

value is often geography dependent
Old 08-24-21, 10:49 AM
Oats0043

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
raleigh and osell bikes

I tried to take add more photos, resizing to fit was an epic fail. Thanks to all for the words and help, we will probably just put them on facebook marketplace in the mpls area and see what happens.....
Old 08-24-21, 11:30 AM
Shrevvy 

Bikes: 77 Trek TX900, 81.5 Trek 950, 83 Trek 970, 84 Schwinn Peloton, 88 Schwinn Premis, 85 Pinarello Montello, 88 Lemond Pro, more...

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 284 Times in 136 Posts
I tried to take add more photos, resizing to fit was an epic fail. Thanks to all for the words and help, we will probably just put them on facebook marketplace in the mpls area and see what happens.....
Osell was a Minneapolis frame builder. I would think there would be some recognition of the name in the area. I have one of his bikes. It is very high quality.
Old 08-24-21, 11:46 AM
SoccerBallXan

Bikes: Many!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 124 Posts
Both bicycles are very nice, but the sales may be limited by size of bicycle and area of sale. Fortunately you’ve got the area thing covered for at least the Osell.

You’ll definitely need to start with clear, concise photos. Photos of the full bike from the drivetrain side, photos of the wheels and hubs, the cockpit setup, all the good stuff. I would also recommend taking the photos on cement or asphalt in the sunlight. Really bring out the beauty.

For price estimates I will have to defer until there’s a more accurate component list, or until I can find a comparable.
Old 08-25-21, 04:48 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by Insidious C.
I'm sure BG just mistyped, but that's a Raleigh Professional. Both are very nice bikes. The Osell has the long chain stays of a sport tourer.
Actually the name was just too fuzzy read and judging from the type is script, length and ending in an L I took a swag at it. It is mink yes?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-27-21, 02:43 PM
Gary12000 

Bikes: '71 Raleigh Inter, '98 Tommasini, '83 Trek 500, 83 Trek 720 '

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 110 Posts
Blue mink was a professional color and with the Seat Stays being the Giro type its earlier than a MK5 professional.
The professional was top of the Raleigh line other than special Build bikes so had full campy all the good stuff if its still original.

The real value would not be realized locally so i suggest to sell on here its only a few bucks ...but would require the owner to ship the bike in a box ... its not as hard as you think, and you can often get a free box to ship in from your local bike store...

I have found local folks are flippers or want it for cheap.... i try to rescue the good stuff locally when it pops up, id love an early professional but i think that's a small one guessing at around 19 inches seat tube.
and the other one is rather tall... 27 inches seat tube...??

certainly good luck Sir... you have great taste in bikes....

Gary
Old 08-27-21, 04:37 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,995 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary12000
Blue mink was a professional color and with the Seat Stays being the Giro type its earlier than a MK5 professional.
The professional was top of the Raleigh line other than special Build bikes so had full campy all the good stuff if its still original.

The real value would not be realized locally so i suggest to sell on here its only a few bucks ...but would require the owner to ship the bike in a box ... its not as hard as you think, and you can often get a free box to ship in from your local bike store...

I have found local folks are flippers or want it for cheap.... i try to rescue the good stuff locally when it pops up, id love an early professional but i think that's a small one guessing at around 19 inches seat tube.
and the other one is rather tall... 27 inches seat tube...??

certainly good luck Sir... you have great taste in bikes....

Gary
i did later note that the Raleigh cranks are the steel Gran Sport units. Nice but a curious substitution.