Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Peugeot Pipeline 1 Male and Female matching bikes

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-22, 04:27 PM
tdl4vt

Bikes: Peugeot Pipeline 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am trying to find out more about the matching pair of Peugeot Pipeline 1 bikes. I don't know the exact year they were made, but I do have pictures to show. The only problem is that I just joined and it says that I have to make 10 posts before I can show pictures. So this forum may not work if I can't show the pictures of the two bikes. I think they were made in the 80's or 90's. The color scheme is multi-color. Gray/Aqua Green with white, yellow, orange, and red thick lines around the upper bar and on the vertical post of the bike below the seat. The chain cover is aqua green and the name Peugeot is on the diagonal lower bar in gray background and white print for Peugeot with a checkerboard pattern in white amongst the aqua green background. I would also like to know the approximate value of this pair of bikes. They are in gently used condition, excellent condition for two vintage beach comer bikes. Sorry, but the forum would not allow me to attach pictures since I just joined. If this bike sounds familiar to you, please help me with any information that you can share with me. I can also be emailed at tracydlee22@gmail.com. That way I can attach pictures in the email. Thank you so much for any help you can give me.
Old 12-09-22, 08:49 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4343 Post(s)
Liked 3,978 Times in 2,659 Posts
Just make 10 posts! Loads of great currently active threads to join in on.

As far as the worth of beach cruisers, not really much, they are generally designed as lower cost bikes to be at the beach. Something you can leave and not worry about. However we do have a beach cruiser subforum if you are interested in those and they might know more. Once you hit those 10 posts you might ask a moderator to move your thread there.
Old 12-09-22, 09:03 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6187 Post(s)
Liked 4,803 Times in 3,313 Posts
Sounds like you need to get in the Classic & Vintage sub-forum and join some conversations there. There are some pretty knowledgeable people for anything concerning an old bike that I never see in the other sub-forums. You'll get ten posts pretty quick just joining in the conversation there and elsewhere.

Until you get 10 posts, if you have pics you want to share, then post them in the Gallery here on BF and just tell us they are there and someone will find them and add them to your thread.

Welcome to BF!
Old 12-11-22, 09:39 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
I was a Peugeot rep in the '80s and sold a few of these. Earth Cruiser ruled the market at the time and Pipelines were less in demand. Retail price was about $140 at the time. The bikes were very basic frames of basic tubing, steel rims, nothing fancy but if that's what you want then go for it. Those bikes sound like they're in nice condition. Good luck and enjoy them.
Old 12-12-22, 05:54 PM
tdl4vt

Bikes: Peugeot Pipeline 1

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by thumpism
I was a Peugeot rep in the '80s and sold a few of these. Earth Cruiser ruled the market at the time and Pipelines were less in demand. Retail price was about $140 at the time. The bikes were very basic frames of basic tubing, steel rims, nothing fancy but if that's what you want then go for it. Those bikes sound like they're in nice condition. Good luck and enjoy them.
Thanks for your help! We will be taking them to a local bike shop to sell on consignment. I bought both bikes for $225 at an antique mall in Tucson. Plus had a tune-up on each bike. So are these bikes earth cruisers or Pipeline 1's. What is the difference. What type bikes are these considered (category)?
Old 12-12-22, 07:09 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1093 Post(s)
Liked 3,726 Times in 1,830 Posts
Post now probably belongs in "Appraisals" section,

They are "cruiser/cruising" bikes, they made single speed and 5 speed versions. There are Peugeot catalogs available online and you will find them in the mid 80's catalog's (I would start with 86', 87', etc). Well, here you go, Sounds like you have an 87':
https://www.bikeboompeugeot.com/Broc...0Page%2023.jpg

As a previous poster said these are very basic bikes, no fancy parts, but nothing wrong with that, I think they are cool. I had a Pipeline VI (5 speed) that was all original (including tires, which were shot) and I sold it for a song, did not get much interest. Not a big collectable market for these, even with the BMX crossover look, but cool bikes. The Peugeot mountain bikes are a bit more sought after, but also don't usually bring in much, unless they are very early or the top model (Canyon Express). Having a set can sometimes be good for value, but condition will be the real determining factor, good luck to you.
Old 12-13-22, 10:50 PM
GamblerGORD53

Bikes: 2013 Custom SA5w / Rohloff Tourster

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 245 Posts
Looks like it's the first attempt at a MTB, before they slapped a triple on. LOL.
Old 12-14-22, 08:41 AM
Germany_chris
I’m a little Surly

Bikes: Two Cross Checks, a Karate Monkey, a Disc Trucker, and a VO Randonneur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 647 Posts
I know it really doesn't matter but I do wonder how much these things weigh
Old 12-14-22, 06:21 PM
Shadco 
Resident PIA

Bikes: Gunnar Roadie, Look 765 Optimum, Spesh Aethos

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 356 Times in 186 Posts
Originally Posted by Germany_chris
I know it really doesn't matter but I do wonder how much these things weigh
Looks like somewhere around 32 pounds.

Cant imagine a shop being interested in taking these on consignment.

I don't know where I am now...
05 Gunnar Roadie Chorus/Record
67'er
Old 12-14-22, 06:26 PM
roadcrankr
Thread derailleur

Bikes: Merlin Extralight '94 & Cannondale Supersix '15

Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked 458 Times in 261 Posts
The correct terminology is Men's and Women's. First time in my life to see them called male & female.
Old 12-14-22, 09:41 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Originally Posted by roadcrankr
The correct terminology is Men's and Women's. First time in my life to see them called male & female.
The correct terminology is step thru and diamond frame. Bikes don't have genders and don't need 'em the old gender stuff is highly outdated and has been and will continue to be. There is no reason anyone of any gender or lack of gender can't ride either bike if they want to or not and if someone else cares about that they are outdated and silly. Ride what is comfortable for you and what works for you don't let silly ridiculous notions of gender that people have clung to inform any bike decisions. Fit and comfort are the most important factors, gender is underneath the barrel.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 12-14-22, 11:20 PM
roadcrankr
Thread derailleur

Bikes: Merlin Extralight '94 & Cannondale Supersix '15

Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked 458 Times in 261 Posts
That's a real stretch there, vedgebike. What do you do, hunt me down for some trivial and harmless comment, and spew your usual?
Let it go, man. Your hate shows and, worse, it will consume you.
Old 12-15-22, 01:39 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by roadcrankr
That's a real stretch there, vedgebike. What do you do, hunt me down for some trivial and harmless comment, and spew your usual?
Let it go, man. Your hate shows and, worse, it will consume you.
A real stretch? What is such a stretch about not assigning gender to a bike frame? There is no hate attached to my comment and it is sad that that is all your mind can think of when presented with a logical argument. I am sorry you feel that those who chose to identify as "men" cannot ride on a step through frame because it is for "women" because of silly outdated gender notions. It must suck living in such a world where you have to categorize everything by gender and make all these silly little compartments for everyone and keep them separate because you don't want to upset the binary.

No hate just posting on a online bike forum using text with no emotion attached. If all you can see is hate well that is on you. I am having fun, enjoying myself as I enjoy BikeForums it is a fun place to talk about bikes and have discussions like this and many others. I am sorry you aren't having the same fun.

Just one final useful note: if you are going to respond use the @ symbol and then the persons name like roadcrankr no need to make up names if you want to respond directly to someone and not quote them. Though there is a restaurant in Philadelphia called Vedge that was quite delicious when I had the opportunity passing through Philly years ago. I highly recommend it.