Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Rebike????

Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Rebike????

Old 01-21-21, 11:12 PM
StephenH
Uber Goober

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
They make little gasoline engines that can be added to bikes, and it's not uncommon to see those added to $100 mountain bikes. So you get cheap bike, novice rider, and excessive speed to contend with.
On the plus side, I see more ads for those things than I do the actual bikes with them- saw one the other day, for about the first time in 5 years- but they're always being sold somewhere.
Old 07-22-21, 01:33 PM
cabledawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Wow! Pulled this one out of the graveyard.....

I bought a pair of ReBikes a few years back. Bought them for a song and both needed work but not much to make them rideable. Really weren't bad for comfort but handling was lacking. I tried the reverse handlebar thing mentioned earlier in this thread but still couldn't get the bike to feel stable on a straight line. And I got heel strike a few times while pedaling through corners. But all in all, it was a low investment for many miles of comfortable riding. Only recently switched to a tadpole trike because I cant haul the big ReBike around on the back of my little car.
Old 07-23-21, 07:29 PM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 454 Posts
Rebikes were one of the early brands that gave recumbents an eternally bad name for being slow and not climbing. They were department store quality at best. The only one I ever saw was in a Sears showroom, right next to the camping gear.
Old 07-31-21, 11:58 AM
Dudelsack 

Bikes: Lectric Xpedition.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 46 Posts
Rebike! Rebike and sin no more!

Apropos to nothing.

Old 08-07-21, 04:17 AM
EaOutlaw1969

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Hi guys it has been a while since I have been on here. I also purchased two rebikes years ago I stripped sanded primed sanded and painted wet sanded plus polished every single part on two bikes thy looked fantastic with heavy metal flake red and blue and blue and red paint schemes with parts hanging everywhere in my garage and on my garage door opener and garage door frame every part was flawless I went to put my key chain away that also had a mini garage door opener remote well you guessed it my garage door opened as I walked in the house I must of hit the button by mistake. I was heart broken after spending all that time. I did not have the stamina do go to that level of detail with the two tone paint plus clear coat. I cost way too much to do a second time. So instead this time I purchased two new 20" John Deere BMX bikes and I used all the parts I could to build up the Rebikes. I hated the 16 inch front wheels so I even used the 20 inch forks. turns out all I had to do was to remove both forks cut the 16 inch fork tube off of the stem drill a couple holes in the remaining stem leaving the threaded part alone and I was able to trim down the 20 inch forks slide them in the tube then a few small welds and the rebikes now had 20 inch forks. Since I had so many brand new and painted parts with John Deere green and yellow paint I went to the store and bought JD green and yellow paint. The finished bikes came out better than I could have hoped for and rode fantastic. I will look through my pictures and see if I can find the pictures of the entire project

Last edited by EaOutlaw1969; 08-15-21 at 06:05 PM. Reason: adding pictures