Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Rad Rover Brakes rub when turning

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Rad Rover Brakes rub when turning

Old 06-21-21, 10:39 PM
pjhender

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Rad Rover Brakes rub when turning

Hi Guys! I have a new Rad Rover that I just put on 115 miles on. The bike seemed nicely tuned and set up when I received it. Recently overt he past 15 miles I get a loud squeaking/rubbing sound on the right tire when turning to the right. If I p[ump the front disc brakes several times the noise seems to cease until I turn right in a fairly loose turn. I adjusted the brakes several times but that doesn't seem to help - It doesn't squeak or rub when riding straight or turning left. All the spokes seem similarly tight although I haven't tested the numbers with a tension meter. I haven't gone off road or deformed the rim at all so not sure what's up.
Old 06-22-21, 09:56 AM
Chuckles1

Bikes: 2007 Motobecane Fantom Cross Expert, 2020 Motobecane Omni Strada Pro Disc (700c gravel bike), 2021 Motobecane Elite Adventure with Bafang 500W rear hub drive

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 94 Posts
Originally Posted by pjhender
Recently overt he past 15 miles I get a loud squeaking/rubbing sound on the right tire when turning to the right.
I'm guessing you mean the front tire. Any chance a cable is rubbing against tire?
Old 06-22-21, 10:59 AM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
Any chance that you didn't remount the tire and tighten it at 90 Degree angle, tire running perpendicular to the ground?
Old 06-22-21, 12:58 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 603 Posts
Can't imagine it happening with that beefy frame, but on some flimsy bikes the fork could distort enough to allow rubbing; doubt it but was the brake cable moved so it pulls when you turn?