Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

To paint or not to paint?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

To paint or not to paint?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-21, 08:23 AM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2602 Post(s)
Liked 1,925 Times in 1,208 Posts
Originally Posted by aclinjury
is really worth the time to repaint a junk????
Might have been a good way to pass the pandemic time, last year.
Old 06-10-21, 11:51 AM
Bill in VA

Bikes: Current: 2016 Bianchi Volpe; 1973 Peugeot UO-8. Past: 1974 Fuji S-10-S with custom black Imron paint by Stinsman Racing of PA.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Blue is the second slowest color, and isn’t cobalt toxic?
I was under the impression that "cobalt blue" is now just a name for a specific color, for just that reason, and no longer includes cobalt.
Old 06-10-21, 12:02 PM
Bill in VA

Bikes: Current: 2016 Bianchi Volpe; 1973 Peugeot UO-8. Past: 1974 Fuji S-10-S with custom black Imron paint by Stinsman Racing of PA.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by grizzly907la
Ok I give up...what's the fastest color?
Well, I would say red for Ferrari, silver for historic German racing cars from Porsches, Mercedes-Benz, and Auto Union, and black like the SR-71 Blackbird.

My faves are gloss and satin black, gloss red, and classic Peugeot white. No matte for me ever, unless it is a surplus Swiss Military bicycle. That said, I have seen many posts on BF of members bikes that really, really popped in color combos I would have never thought about, but looked great.

But really, as they say, "Your bike, YOUR choice." I have often complimented riders on their bike colors, but would never say anything negative, as it is their bike and some may not like my choices either.