Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

fantasy giro 2020 + general giro discussion

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

fantasy giro 2020 + general giro discussion

Old 10-15-20, 03:49 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
Zdenek Stybar approves of this message.

If you haven't run into "Clinton deploys vowels to Bosnia" on either the Onion or the Car Talk guys reading and laughing about it, it is worth the search. Unfortunately, my Google Fu just now only turned up this.

I've been in spreadsheets all day and on my second finger of bourbon, so could use a laugh and just want to let you know I love all of you guys and any stealth gals who frequent our field of battle and comradery.
Great read at that link. There have been several times when an Onion article took a minute to register as a fake.

Raising a Shiner Bock to the forum.
Old 10-15-20, 10:42 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1626 Post(s)
Liked 3,112 Times in 1,682 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
Great read at that link. There have been several times when an Onion article took a minute to register as a fake.

Raising a Shiner Bock to the forum.
probably better than this forum deserves...
Old 10-16-20, 01:29 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

stage thirteen...the arnaud/peter show yet again. hoping sagan can find his solo breakaway legs again tho. 30 km's from the top of the penultimate climb...
Old 10-16-20, 05:55 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

amd would love to see blbao finish the stage fourteen tt in a top 5 or so position and wrest the pink jersey from the clutches of joao and team dqs....
likely wishful thinking as usual tho.

Last edited by diphthong; 10-16-20 at 06:03 AM.
Likes For diphthong:
Old 10-16-20, 03:19 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Whomever called Ulissi - savvy choice. I'm not thrilled that UAE is accumulating a stable of talented young riders, but have to think - who the hell ate Molteni sausage?
Old 10-16-20, 03:21 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Originally Posted by ooga-booga
amd would love to see blbao finish the stage fourteen tt in a top 5 or so position and wrest the pink jersey from the clutches of joao and team dqs....
likely wishful thinking as usual tho.
With Kelderman and Fuglsang right on his heels.
Old 10-17-20, 12:39 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Whomever called Ulissi - savvy choice. I'm not thrilled that UAE is accumulating a stable of talented young riders, but have to think - who the hell ate Molteni sausage?
didn't see a tales of brave ulissi prediction for stage 13. but i ain't too proud to beg, sweet darling, for those points. keep 'em coming.

uae has a really nice roster with a lot of flexibility currently. they need to sign/develop/score a young, bad-ass sprinter but otherwise...
Old 10-17-20, 12:41 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

going with ganna for the stage fourteen tt...and i need those first place points to hold off the barbarians (or well-bred and civilized, pinky-up, 3:30pm tea/kombucha-drinkers) at the gate.

Last edited by diphthong; 10-17-20 at 04:07 AM.
Old 10-17-20, 10:02 AM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Nothing like Time Trials to ruin an otherwise enjoyable Grand Tour.
Old 10-17-20, 10:25 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 592 Times in 453 Posts
going with ganna for the stage fourteen tt...and i need those first place points to hold off the barbarians (or well-bred and civilized, pinky-up, 3:30pm tea/kombucha-drinkers) at the gate.
Truly an inspired pick. How do you pull things like that out of thin air?

Zorro may close the gap a bit, though. Glancing at rosters but not doing any math, he's got a few folks still in it and, speaking of inspired, how about deGendt today? The Velogonculator will let us all know soon.

Interesting stat from PCS: 1061 players predicted the winner of the race, which is 96.9%.
Likes For slcbob:
Old 10-17-20, 10:41 AM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 471 Posts
I am surely honored to place myself in the elite 1% All you 99ers!

Rohan got me some decent points and looks good. How awesome is McNulty right now!?

Have been trying to follow a little as we adjust to being homeowners wife says that's more important then fantasy cycling and it's hard to argue with my team! Gotta get the team lineup for the Vuelta before Tuesday, after I replace the furnace filter and rake the garden!
Likes For GrainBrain:
Old 10-17-20, 11:23 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Truly an inspired pick. How do you pull things like that out of thin air?

Zorro may close the gap a bit, though. Glancing at rosters but not doing any math, he's got a few folks still in it and, speaking of inspired, how about deGendt today? The Velogonculator will let us all know soon.

Interesting stat from PCS: 1061 players predicted the winner of the race, which is 96.9%.
for every démare or ganna lay up, there are dozens of horrible predictions lying on the road and glistening in the sun...like broken glass on the highway after a saturday night...
Old 10-17-20, 11:24 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Originally Posted by GrainBrain
I am surely honored to place myself in the elite 1% All you 99ers!

Rohan got me some decent points and looks good. How awesome is McNulty right now!?

Have been trying to follow a little as we adjust to being homeowners wife says that's more important then fantasy cycling and it's hard to argue with my team! Gotta get the team lineup for the Vuelta before Tuesday, after I replace the furnace filter and rake the garden!
priorities...

mcnulty is awesome. hopefully, he can snag a podium place. there are some brutal stages in this last week.
Old 10-18-20, 03:05 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

stage fifteen...who ya got? it's bleep + fan time. deciding between nibbles, villella and tgh. aw shucks...let's go with tgh ftw.
Old 10-18-20, 06:18 AM
USAZorro
Señor Member

stage fifteen...who ya got? it's bleep + fan time. deciding between nibbles, villella and tgh. aw shucks...let's go with tgh ftw.
I had typed Sagan and Visconti in the break yesterday, but for some reason BF glitched on me. Kind of surprised Peter didn't go for the sprint points, but Visconti seems intent on KOM. Hoping he can pull out a stage win.
Old 10-18-20, 03:36 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

It's a little like picking the breakaway, but does anyone want to take a shot at picking the DNS big names and/or teams for Tuesday?

After Vaughters' love note to RCS and the UCI, I give it 50-50 EF is a non-start. I hope I'm wrong.

Only mentioned slightly in dispatches, but I think there has been an attempt to bubble up a bit better. And there's a chance that the exposures from the more relaxed week are still percolating.
Old 10-18-20, 05:45 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

It's a little like picking the breakaway, but does anyone want to take a shot at picking the DNS big names and/or teams for Tuesday?

After Vaughters' love note to RCS and the UCI, I give it 50-50 EF is a non-start. I hope I'm wrong.

Only mentioned slightly in dispatches, but I think there has been an attempt to bubble up a bit better. And there's a chance that the exposures from the more relaxed week are still percolating.
Unless Peter's given up on the points competition, I can see him moving heaven and earth to claim another stage.
Old 10-19-20, 12:43 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

naah...i'm good. pretty happy with the tgh prognostication acorn from today's stage fifteen. that exalted and naked joy, however, is absolutely tempered by the fact that i'll be
passing the pink jersey to USAZorro on possibly stage 16 but definitely at day's end on stage 17. it's been a good run.

Last edited by diphthong; 10-19-20 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-19-20, 12:54 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

*horrible predictions cont.* stage sixteen-that peter guy doubles his giro wins total.
Old 10-19-20, 05:01 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

naah...i'm good. pretty happy with the tgh prognostication acorn from today's stage fifteen. that exalted and naked joy, however, is absolutely tempered by the fact that i'll be
passing the pink jersey to USAZorro on possibly stage 16 but definitely at day's end on stage 17. it's been a good run.
Yes. Well picked. That gives hope and encouragement to all the horrible predictions to come.

On pink, who knows? Maybe you and Almeida both. Or maybe the silver pink lining to 2020's dark cloud continues. Anything can happen. Something will.

I wonder if all of FDJ will chase Sagan if he tries to make it into the break with all of Ineos. Demare can't afford to let too many purple points get away; it doesn't look like there any intermediates in the profile on steephill, but always a handful at the end. I'm thinking he'd be better off trying his luck with neutral service and coming chasing back on through the cars alone or with one guy, and sending forward everyone who can get over the bumps to be anchors on Peter's efforts.

I'm chin scratching wondering who else will care to chase. No GC teams tomorrow. Only everyone who wants a stage win.
Old 10-20-20, 04:31 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Well that came and went better than I expected. Unfortunately, earlier in the race, there was something in the air that night. Gladly only Gaviria and an Ag2R staffer caught a whiff of it.

On to stage 16, could it be Fabbro's day? Free of Peter and the peloton? That's my pick. It could be another one for brave Ulissi. Also noting that I've been picking a lot of Vendrame in the PCS game, for naught, and I don't think I did today so he could get some wings. Disclosure: late pick, the "break" has already been established. All ~28 of them.

Old 10-20-20, 06:29 AM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Peter must be feeling worn down - heck, I get feeling worn down doing gardening these days, so I can't blame him.
Old 10-20-20, 10:08 AM
USAZorro
Señor Member

A new, out-of-the-blue team shows up out of nowhere to lead us on stage 16? Someone squandered over 2 weeks of gloating.
Old 10-20-20, 10:21 AM
Caretaker
Heretic

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus, Giant OCR3, Giant CRS3

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2827 Post(s)
Liked 561 Times in 429 Posts
The Slovenian dream continues.
Almeida shows he's going to fight till the end.
Old 10-20-20, 11:14 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

A new, out-of-the-blue team shows up out of nowhere to lead us on stage 16? Someone squandered over 2 weeks of gloating.
right...? with that team having almeida. that person...dunno if they are actually a bikeforums.net denizen but hopefully they are. they submitted a vuelta team too so my feeling is that they jumped into the bf giro league after doing vuelta pics. i like the new blood but will add a gt stage-race disclaimer (starting with this 2020 vuelta) that teams have to be entered into the league before the start of stage #4 . plenty of time to add the team if you actually spaced on it vs ambushing the league at the end
Likes For diphthong:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.