Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

MicroSHIFT - Who Are They?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

MicroSHIFT - Who Are They?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-22, 06:15 PM
The Chemist

Bikes: Waltly Custom Ti // Seaboard CX01 // Dahon Boardwalk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 528 Times in 246 Posts
Originally Posted by Yan
Funny how Chinese companies never get credit for their products, but as soon as a western brand is slapped on there it is suddenly "legit".

Highly unjust in my opinion. A good product is a good product. It shouldn't have to justify itself through some western association. This is just blatant racism. Not pointing fingers at you specifically, more at the general attitude.
Check out my location. I live in China. I know better than most that the Chinese can make good products. Unfortunately, it's undeniable that there is a pretty widepread view that Chinese products = crap / knockoffs, and my point was simply that State choosing Sensah as their OEM manufacturer shows they aren't the knockoff artists or purveyors of crap quality that many people might assume them to be simply because they happen to be Chinese.
Old 08-23-22, 07:13 PM
Yan 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1936 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 440 Posts
Originally Posted by The Chemist
Check out my location. I live in China. I know better than most that the Chinese can make good products. Unfortunately, it's undeniable that there is a pretty widepread view that Chinese products = crap / knockoffs, and my point was simply that State choosing Sensah as their OEM manufacturer shows they aren't the knockoff artists or purveyors of crap quality that many people might assume them to be simply because they happen to be Chinese.
Friends of mine in Shanghai have told me that people have been leaving in droves in the last two years. I lived in Xujiahui for five years. You're going to stick around? What's the latest on the ground there?
Old 08-23-22, 10:11 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10954 Post(s)
Liked 7,482 Times in 4,184 Posts
Originally Posted by Yan
Friends of mine in Shanghai have told me that people have been leaving in droves in the last two years. I lived in Xujiahui for five years. You're going to stick around? What's the latest on the ground there?
Your friends are leaving? They are clearly racist for leaving and for them to deny they are racists only confirms they are racist.***
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 08-24-22, 02:31 AM
Yan 

Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Your friends are leaving? They are clearly racist for leaving and for them to deny they are racists only confirms they are racist.***
Wow your flaming insecurity is really poking out. Repressed racist rage. Is it self-shame or self-guilt giving you that chip on your shoulder? Yes keep lashing out like an idiot lmao.

They left because of the COVID pandemic. Nothing to do with racism. We had a ****-show here in New York and people left here in droves as well.

Last edited by Yan; 08-24-22 at 04:29 AM.
Old 08-24-22, 06:16 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Originally Posted by Yan
Wow your flaming insecurity is really poking out. Repressed racist rage. Is it self-shame or self-guilt giving you that chip on your shoulder? Yes keep lashing out like an idiot lmao.
It was a joke. The *** are sarcasterisks.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 08-24-22, 06:21 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Take that stuff to P & R. No need for it in this thread.
Likes For seypat:
Old 08-24-22, 08:10 AM
Yan 

Weren't you the one concerned about this thread devolving into junk? Why restart this with a "joke" when everyone has already moved on? Changed your mind about junk I see. Found the real joke.
Old 08-24-22, 08:33 AM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Are sarcasterisks the new boldtalics?

I have such a hard time keeping up with these things.

Either way sarcasm does not work with some folks. Just gives them more straw for their strawmen.
Old 08-24-22, 09:40 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Originally Posted by Yan
Weren't you the one concerned about this thread devolving into junk? Why restart this with a "joke" when everyone has already moved on? Changed your mind about junk I see. Found the real joke.
I did not say I was concerned about it devolving into junk, I said it has devolved into junk. It already happened.
As such, me making that comment isnt going to make the thread worse since it already turned to junk.
I enjoy obviously over the top comments on message boards. The absurd is something I also find funny, especially in workplaces. Irony makes me giggle too, particularly when it goes unrecognized.

I thank you for the entertainment.
Old 08-24-22, 09:46 AM
Yan 

I did not say I was concerned about it devolving into junk, I said it has devolved into junk. It already happened.
As such, me making that comment isnt going to make the thread worse since it already turned to junk.
I enjoy obviously over the top comments on message boards. The absurd is something I also find funny, especially in workplaces. Irony makes me giggle too, particularly when it goes unrecognized.

I thank you for the entertainment.
What are you? 7 years old?

It says here you're from Iowa? It's fine, I get it. Everything is clear.
Old 08-24-22, 10:53 AM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by Yan
I think you forgot the sarcasterisks.
Old 08-24-22, 10:54 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Originally Posted by Yan
What are you? 7 years old?

There is a popcorn eating emoji for this forum- so it shouldnt be a surprise to find out people take pleasure in sitting back and laughing at unrecognized irony and/or absurdism.

Making fun of where I happen to currently live? Solid burn there.*** <---look at those sarcasterisks in use again!
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 08-24-22, 01:44 PM
Germany_chris
I’m a little Surly

Bikes: Two Cross Checks, a Karate Monkey, a Disc Trucker, and a VO Randonneur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 647 Posts
Back on topic Sensah hoods are shaped like Campy hoods that automatically makes them better than stretched out Shimano hoods.
Old 08-24-22, 02:13 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,693 Times in 2,515 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
Take that stuff to P & R. No need for it in this thread.
Quoted to mention that this thread is closed for moderator review. I'm a bit surprised nobody reported all the politics sooner, but we don't allow it outside the P&R forum.