Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

12 speed chains

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

12 speed chains

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-21, 05:48 AM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,945 Times in 1,906 Posts
12 speed chains

Any one have experience with "VGEBY", "Bibike" or "YBN" brands for 12 speed chains?
The cost of them are about $25 less than the name brands & are also available (next day free shipping usually) & the reviews (for what they're worth) show decent reviews.

Has anyone did a blog to review them?
Old 09-21-21, 07:22 AM
DaveSSS 

Bikes: Cinelli superstar disc, two Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1097 Post(s)
Liked 559 Times in 446 Posts
I've got no info for you on off brand 12 speed chains, but I have used Campy, shimano xt and sram force axs chains. Force axs chains worked great on my Campy 12 and sram axs drivetrains. They only cost $35 each. They are also very quiet and seem to wear well.

The shimano xt chain that I tried recently didn't work well with my sram axs drivetrain, so I took it off after 100 miles. They would probably work with a Campy 12 drivetrain and certainly the new Shimano 12 speed road drivetrains.
Old 09-21-21, 09:09 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4729 Post(s)
Liked 1,531 Times in 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Troul
Any one have experience with "VGEBY", "Bibike" or "YBN" brands for 12 speed chains?
The cost of them are about $25 less than the name brands & are also available (next day free shipping usually) & the reviews (for what they're worth) show decent reviews.

Has anyone did a blog to review them?
You may have seen these from ZeroFriction. No YBN 12s chains included, but I guess their 11s chains do pretty well if you want to hazard the conclusion that their 12s chains are just as good. Though KMC doesn't seem to follow this logic with their 12s not so good vs their 11s offerings.

Likes For Sy Reene:
Old 09-22-21, 10:38 PM
Canker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 133 Posts
Likes For Canker: