Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Fuji Track Elite

Old 06-01-15, 07:33 PM
Lunchbox27

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fuji Track Elite

Who has one and what's size are you running? I'm really digging this bike I'm stuck between the 58 and 61 cm and not sure which size I want 6'2" and I hear both sizes fit well
Old 06-02-15, 05:38 AM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
The size is going to be determined bu your torso length when choosing between the two. Have you tried plugging in your numbers here yet? Tiemeyer Cycles, Inc. :: Custom Bicycle Frame Builder It's a pretty good starting point.

A recent discussion on the FTE here https://www.bikeforums.net/track-cycl...2014-a-12.html. I believe the owner is about your size too.
Old 06-02-15, 01:48 PM
alfa111

Bikes: 2015 Fuji Track Elite, 1990-something Steel Fuji Fixie conversion

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ride a fuji track elite and am coincidentally also 6'2". I'd go with the 61 and worst case scenario you'll be stretched out and closer to a horizontal torso
Old 06-02-15, 03:01 PM
aramis

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've noticed that many track bikes fit smaller than their top tube seems to indicate. Like i usually ride 56 ett bikes on the road and do a similar
fit for road or track, but for a 56 track bike to fit I have to use lots of spacers and a long stem 130+. So if you can, compare the reach and stack to see what you would actually need, not just ett. Also what bars you plan on running can make a huge difference.
Old 06-02-15, 05:08 PM
Lunchbox27

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What's your inaeam and what stem length are you rolling with
Old 06-02-15, 09:39 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Originally Posted by Lunchbox27
What's your inaeam and what stem length are you rolling with
Torso and arm length is more important to fit than inseam. Much more adjustability in a seat post than the TT/stem combo.
Old 06-03-15, 07:52 AM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by aramis
I've noticed that many track bikes fit smaller than their top tube seems to indicate.
A couple reasons for this:
1. They have a steeper seat tube, so if you set up your saddle in a neutral position in the seatpost, it will be further forward than a similarly neutral position on a road bike.
2. They have a short headtube and low toptube, since some (well, the good ones) are designed to let you set up a kilo/pursuit position. So you need some stem rise.
Old 06-04-15, 02:47 AM
Murakami

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a 58 Fuji Track Elite... I'm 6' 1" and have an inseam of 32" so you can see I've a longer torso. I use mine for pursuit and scratch, though I still haven't successfully dialed it in yet. More adjustable than I can handle.
Old 06-10-15, 06:30 PM
Lunchbox27

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks guys.
Old 10-06-15, 03:44 PM
weavie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all.
I have a 2015 Fuji Track Elite and am on the hunt for a second seatpost. I'm having a hard time ordering one through Performance and haven't been able to find any online. Can anyone can recommend a different retailer (preferably in the U.S.) or a different, compatible, post?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by weavie; 10-06-15 at 04:20 PM. Reason: typo for posterity
Old 10-06-15, 04:08 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by weavie
Hi all.
I have a 2015 Fuji Track Elite and am on the hunt for a second seatpost. I'm having a hard time ordering one through Performance and haven't been able to find any online. Can anyone can recommend a difference retailer (preferably in the U.S.) or a different, compatible, post?

Thanks in advance.
Hi.

Have you contacted a local Fuji shop that's not Performance?

Even though this is directly related to track, you may want to ask in Bicycle Mechanics as well. A lot of the folks over there work in shops and know the ins and outs on getting OEM parts.
Old 10-06-15, 04:19 PM
weavie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion.
I just found out that the TT bike has the same shape post but with some kind of attachment for a Di2 battery and the track post has been out of stock for some time. Apparently, as long as the post isn't run very low the TT post is a fine alternate.
Old 11-08-15, 01:45 PM
thearthurdog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by weavie
Hi all.
I have a 2015 Fuji Track Elite and am on the hunt for a second seatpost. I'm having a hard time ordering one through Performance and haven't been able to find any online. Can anyone can recommend a different retailer (preferably in the U.S.) or a different, compatible, post?

Thanks in advance.
I bought the TT post because it worked better in terms of set up than the layback one that came with it - it worked very well.
Old 11-08-15, 01:48 PM
thearthurdog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunchbox27
Who has one and what's size are you running? I'm really digging this bike I'm stuck between the 58 and 61 cm and not sure which size I want 6'2" and I hear both sizes fit well
This thread is probably a bit old now. But...I am 6'4" and have the 61. The back half of the bike has set up really well, the front half in pursuit mode, is also well set up. I have had trouble with my endurance bars though, keeping to the UCI 'handlebars must be 5cm in front of the hub rule' - have you had trouble with this at all?
Old 11-08-15, 03:21 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by thearthurdog
This thread is probably a bit old now. But...I am 6'4" and have the 61. The back half of the bike has set up really well, the front half in pursuit mode, is also well set up. I have had trouble with my endurance bars though, keeping to the UCI 'handlebars must be 5cm in front of the hub rule' - have you had trouble with this at all?
Being that you are 6'4", you can get an "anthropomorphic exception" being that you are taller than most humans.

I'm not clear on what that does for you. I think it means you can employ a bike with a longer top tube which exempts you from the BB to tip of extensions rule.

Read the rules carefully. Maybe start a thread on the matter.
Old 11-08-15, 03:26 PM
Dalai

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by thearthurdog
Clarification of rule 1.3.022 - (D) and at the front by a vertical line passing through the front wheel spindle with a 5 cm tolerance.

So no further forward of the front hub than 5 cm...
Old 11-08-15, 03:42 PM
thearthurdog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the info, but I think you are referring to the rule about the ends of aero bar extensions on a time trial / pursuit bike. As a giant I get an additional 5cm extension. The rule I am referring to applies to traditional handlebars in massed start events on road or track - I don't believe such an exemption applies (I have looked pretty hard).
Old 11-08-15, 05:54 PM
Dalai

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
No exemption for drop bars which is what I am referring to.
Old 11-08-15, 07:35 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Originally Posted by Dalai
No exemption for drop bars which is what I am referring to.
More info on the rule for anyone wondering

ARTICLE 1.3.022
“In competitions other than those covered by article 1.3.023, only the traditional type
of handlebars (see diagram «structure 1») may be used. The handlebars must be
positioned in an area defined as follows: above, by the horizontal plane of the point
of support of the saddle (B); below, by the horizontal line passing through the highest
point of the two wheels (these being of equal diameter) (C); at the rear by the axis of
the steerer tube (D) and at the front by a vertical line passing through the front wheel
spindle with a 5 cm tolerance (see diagram «Structure (1A)»). The distance referred to
in point (A) is not applicable to the bicycle of a rider who takes part in a sprint event
on track (flying 200 m, flying lap, sprint, team sprint, keirin, 500 metres and 1 kilometre),
but must not exceed 10 cm in relation to the vertical line passing through the front
wheel spindle.”
The traditional type of handlebars must be used in road races, cyclo-cross and track
races (apart from track time trials and pursuits). The attachment of any additional
handlebar component or extension is prohibited in these events.
In no case shall the front of the handlebars exceed the tolerance of 5 cm in relation
to a vertical line passing through the front wheel axle, which is the control zone of the
bicycle. The more forward the handlebar is positioned, the less manoeuvrable the
bicycle will be and the less it will be easy to react quickly to an obstacle or a wind
gust. Moreover, this would result in moving the centre of gravity of the rider on the
bicycle, which would increase even more the risks of loss of control. The area of
positioning the handlebars is defined by the diagram below:
Figure 38: Illustration of the box, marked out by lines A, B, C and D, within which the
handlebars must be fully contained.
In fast track races (sprint, team sprint, keirin, flying 200 m, flying lap) and time trial
races (500 m, 1 km), if the position of the front edge of the handlebar is less than 5 cm
forward the vertical line passing through the front wheel axis (instead of 10 cm
allowed), then the bottom edge of the handlebar can be positioned bellow the
horizontal line passing through the top of the wheels as long as the contact point with
the hand is above this limit. This rule came into force on 1 January 2012 to enable
small riders to have a regulatory position, taking into account the limited positioning
possibilities allowed by the standardisation of the composite equipment.

Can be found here on page 27 - https://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/R...NG_English.PDF
Old 11-09-15, 04:30 PM
thearthurdog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Correct ^ I am still unsure where the measure the handlebars. The diagrams the UCI use would suggest it is the front extremity of the handlebars, but a few sources online would suggest it is the contact points where you hold the bars.
Old 11-09-15, 06:47 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

From my interpretation of the UCI explanation, it is the front edge of the bars where this distinction is made. They only allow for measurement where the hand sits if you are not at the forward limit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
uci handlebat box.jpg (70.7 KB, 716 views)
Old 11-14-15, 10:05 PM
Dalai

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Being that you are 6'4", you can get an "anthropomorphic exception" being that you are taller than most humans.
No anthropomorphic exceptions for tall people using drop bars. "In no case shall the front of the handlebars exceed the tolerance of 5 cm in relation to a vertical line passing through the front wheel axle, which is the control zone of the bicycle."

You can only go to 10cm forward of the front axle if racing the following events: flying 200 m, flying lap, sprint, team sprint, keirin, 500 metres and 1 kilometre)

"The distance referred to in point (A) is not applicable to the bicycle of a rider who takes part in a sprint event on track (flying 200 m, flying lap, sprint, team sprint, keirin, 500 metres and 1 kilometre), must not exceed 10 cm in relation to the vertical line passing through the front wheel spindle.”
Old 11-14-15, 11:14 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Dalai, is that 10cm rule applicable to all who race these events, or is it a take on the anthropomorphic extension rule? I've never needed to go that far forward, so never looked into it.
Old 11-15-15, 12:08 AM
Dalai

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
My take on reviewing the rules is that anyone can go forward 10cm for those event... I haven't had to check personally either, but if I did I would email my State body to make sure.
Old 02-04-18, 11:27 AM
L.Shaner

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Being 6’6” w/37” inseam, I found this thread very helpful. Thanks!
About the stock seatpost, does anyone know the length that ships with the 61cm frame? Fuji doesn’t publish the spec, nor the maximum saddle height a la center of BB to saddle rails, and my dealer cannot find out how long the stock seapost is. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.