Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

FS: Serotta Single Speed - VERY different!

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-21, 04:54 PM
DarrinNYC

Bikes: Seven Evergreen // Serotta SS // Calfee Bamboo SS // Spot Rallye SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Serotta SINGLE SPEED!
Serotta steel – The BEST single speed ever! I rode this bike while living in Manhattan, and the gearing was perfect for the terrain. I could ride up anything in Manhattan except that icky climb just under the George Washington Bridge. It does have rear-facing dropouts (no eccentric bottom bracket needed).

Everything is perfect. No paint chips. Wheels are true and straight with flawless brake tracks. Dura-Ace brakes are perfect (and VERY powerful!).
Frame was stripped to the bare steel and powder coated through the amazing team at Red Beard Bikes in Brooklyn. It’s black black black! I thought it would be fun to go with the mirror decals, so the shop that did the build custom-ordered the decals.
I have it set up with a freewheel. You can remove that and just throw on a single gear if you want to go fixie.
I have this set up to be somewhat upright riding position. It’s advantageous in city traffic to be able to look around more easily, but you can throw a longer stem and move the saddle back on the rails if you need to stretch out a little.
Carbon F3 Fork
Mavic Ellipse Wheels
3T Bars
SRAM Omnium Cranks
Chris King Headset
Dura-Ace Brakes
SRAM Brake Levers
Seat tube is 60cm c2c // Top tube is 57cm c2c
This is a pretty unique bike that kills me to sell! I moved out of Manhattan and live in hilly Connecticut, so this one needs a new home.

$1,699 + $175 shipping.

Bike is in Danbury, CT if you’re close enough come by and see it in person.
Thanks,
Darrin

Google Photo Album - https://photos.app.goo.gl/K4ipA3LA81Ki9SiV7

Serotta steel – The BEST single speed ever! I rode this bike while living in Manhattan, and the gearing was perfect for the terrain. I could ride up anything in Manhattan except that icky climb just under the George Washington Bridge. It does have rear-facing dropouts (no eccentric bottom bracket needed).

Everything is perfect. No paint chips. Wheels are true and straight with flawless brake tracks. Dura-Ace brakes are perfect (and VERY powerful!).

Frame was stripped to the bare steel and powder coated through the amazing team at Red Beard Bikes in Brooklyn. It’s black black black! I thought it would be fun to go with the mirror decals, so the shop that did the build custom-ordered the decals.

I have it set up with a freewheel. You can remove that and just throw on a single gear if you want to go fixie.

I have this set up to be somewhat upright riding position. It’s advantageous in city traffic to be able to look around more easily, but you can throw a longer stem and move the saddle back on the rails if you need to stretch out a little.

Carbon F3 Fork
Mavic Ellipse Wheels
3T Bars
SRAM Omnium Cranks
Chris King Headset
Dura-Ace Brakes
SRAM Brake Levers

Seat tube is 60cm c2c // Top tube is 57cm c2c

This is a pretty unique bike that kills me to sell! I moved out of Manhattan and live in hilly Connecticut, so this one needs a new home.

$1,699 + $175 shipping.

Bike is in Danbury, CT if you’re close enough come by and see it in person.

Thanks,
Darrin

Last edited by DarrinNYC; 07-28-21 at 10:35 AM.
Likes For DarrinNYC:
Old 07-28-21, 10:36 AM
DarrinNYC

Bikes: Seven Evergreen // Serotta SS // Calfee Bamboo SS // Spot Rallye SS

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
price drop
Old 07-29-21, 02:44 PM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrinNYC
price drop
very nice but to big for me.
Old 12-30-21, 04:11 PM
BCSC

Bikes: 2013 Pinarello Marvel; 1981 Specialized Sequoia

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Definitely one of a kind. Good luck with the sale. Great looking bike.
Old 03-04-22, 09:57 AM
Bike5287

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks nice