Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Vintage Peugeot

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-21, 04:53 AM
Mylesbikefix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vintage Peugeot

Hello all! I have found some hidden gems in my garage that are in pretty good shape considering the year. I unfortunately can’t post any pictures yet, but I am looking for someone who may be able to tell me what these bikes are worth. I have 2 vintage and one kids’ bike. They all probably need new tires. The only thing that would be good to know is if I should do restoration work or not!

You can check the album: My vintage Peugeot bikes! You will see the two Peugeots as well as the other bike!

Last edited by Mylesbikefix; 08-16-21 at 05:12 AM.
Old 08-16-21, 06:29 AM
denaffen

Bikes: Bianchi Nyala, Bianchi Volpe, Bianchi Campione D'Italia, Trek 640, Luxus folding bike, Schwinn Speedster, Bianchi Torino, KHS Aero Sport, probably something else around here somewhere

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 198 Times in 100 Posts
A lot of that depends on where you're at, and what model they are. Here in the midwest you can pick up pretty nice Peugeots for less than $200 all the time. I just sold a beautiful mixte for $160 and it took awhile to sell at that price. But that's my market. Yours may be very different.
Old 08-16-21, 06:39 AM
Mylesbikefix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by denaffen
A lot of that depends on where you're at, and what model they are. Here in the midwest you can pick up pretty nice Peugeots for less than $200 all the time. I just sold a beautiful mixte for $160 and it took awhile to sell at that price. But that's my market. Yours may be very different.
I am located in Montréal! I would like to post photos, but I can’t until I have reached ten posts apparently.
Old 08-16-21, 07:51 AM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3803 Post(s)
Liked 3,324 Times in 2,170 Posts
-----

Myles,

you can upload images without the ten post minimum at your member page here at the forum

there is a spot there for a "member's album" where you can create a photo album

readers can visit the album and post the images into the discussion thread

-----
Old 08-16-21, 08:12 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
The white Peugeot is a late 1970s UO8 Sport while the blue model is a late 1980s UO12 Sprint. Both are upper entry level models for their respective eras. The U08 was arguably the best selling bicycle is Canada circa 1972, the peak year of the bicycle boom. This slightly later version is little changed and appears to be in good condition. To improve presentation the saddle should be levelled, and raised a few inches, the front quick release skewer properly locked and positioned, and the rear quick relase skewer properly positioned. The U012 improves on the UO8 with a better Reynolds 453 tubeset, aluminum 700C rims and an aluminum cotterless crankset. It also appears to be in good condition, though the handlebars should be reset to proper position and the saddle raised a few inches. The UO8 is slightly smaller than average, while the UO12 is larger than average, both of which may affect the values slightly.

Montreal is a pretty hot market. The Peugeots are quite desirable and in ready to ride condition would fetch good prices, well over $200 CDN. Unfortunately, you've posted non-drive pictures making it imposible to assess drive train condition and determine more accurate values. Bicycle photos should always be taken from the drive side, to display the crankset and derailleurs. The Sportek is a chidren's department store bicycle Definitely sub $100 CDN and probaly closer to $50 CDN.

Last edited by T-Mar; 08-16-21 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-16-21, 08:15 AM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked 1,619 Times in 1,039 Posts
Saw the bikes in your album. Nice...

Fix um up and ride um. Sell um. Break them up and part them out. All depends on you.

I guess the first thing is to determine what it would cost to replace them...
Old 08-16-21, 10:36 AM
Mylesbikefix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
The white Peugeot is a late 1970s UO8 Sport while the blue model is a late 1980s UO12 Sprint. Both are upper entry level models for their respective eras. The U08 was arguably the best selling bicycle is Canada circa 1972, the peak year of the bicycle boom. This slightly later version is little changed and appears to be in good condition. To improve presentation the saddle should be levelled, and raised a few inches, the front quick release skewer properly locked and positioned, and the rear quick relase skewer properly positioned. The U012 improves on the UO8 with a better Reynolds 453 tubeset, aluminum 700C rims and an aluminum cotterless crankset. It also appears to be in good condition, though the handlebars should be reset to proper position and the saddle raised a few inches. The UO8 is slightly smaller than average, while the UO12 is larger than average, both of which may affect the values slightly.

Montreal is a pretty hot market. The Peugeots are quite desirable and in ready to ride condition would fetch good prices, well over $200 CDN. Unfortunately, you've posted non-drive pictures making it imposible to assess drive train condition and determine more accurate values. Bicycle photos should always be taken from the drive side, to display the crankset and derailleurs. The Sportek is a chidren's department store bicycle Definitely sub $100 CDN and probaly closer to $50 CDN.
Wow! Thanks for the detailed reply! I will post a few more pictures of the bikes to get a closer look at the other parts and such, just hold on until the site allows me to do so. Also, what do you mean by drive pictures? Pictures of myself riding the bike?
Old 08-16-21, 10:38 AM
Mylesbikefix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
Saw the bikes in your album. Nice...

Fix um up and ride um. Sell um. Break them up and part them out. All depends on you.

I guess the first thing is to determine what it would cost to replace them...
I would love to get the max amount in these babies, although they are actually pretty sleek! I do kinda appreciate them now that I am having a good look.
Old 08-16-21, 11:03 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,568 Times in 3,766 Posts
Originally Posted by Mylesbikefix
Also, what do you mean by drive pictures?
Drive side of a bike is the side with the chain and deraiileurs.

Old 08-16-21, 12:03 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4225 Post(s)
Liked 2,944 Times in 1,803 Posts
Close ups of the gears/derailleurs (Assuming they're not rusty and awful) can sometimes be helpful for people to know exactly what you're trying to sell them.
Old 09-11-21, 01:04 PM
Mylesbikefix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello All!

Sorry for the grand delay! I had life that hit me so I could never post more pictures! I unfortunately have not hit the 10 post count so I will post the remaining bike pictures to my profile!