Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Help identify bike

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Help identify bike

Old 10-13-21, 07:56 AM
Lolo03

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Help identify bike

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is doing great.
so I just purchased this specialized s works tarmac quick step edition. Now I am having second thoughts about it being authentic. Reason is, I posted it to Facebook specialized group and got nothing but praise for it. Another gentleman posted his that he got for his so, asking if it was real and people are saying no.
Who can help me identify the true identity of this bike. I can upload more pictures if needed.

Old 10-13-21, 08:11 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20791 Post(s)
Liked 9,435 Times in 4,663 Posts
Why don't you ask the facebook group, if it's a collection of Specialized enthusiasts and they're the source of your doubt? Or is there a serial number on the frame that you could cross-reference with Specialized?

Also, what are the practical recourses if you do believe that it's not genuine? Can you realistically get your money back? If not, are you going to just ride it, or sell it at a loss (representing it honestly) to someone else?
Old 10-13-21, 09:39 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked 623 Times in 425 Posts
I'd ask SPecialized... Otherwise, a Specialized Quickstep 'Edition' might not be exactly a Quickstep bike supplied to the team...
... and individual specs for riders will vary how the bike.
...so things I would think are NOT std issue on a team bike - Ultegra crank vs a dura ace crank, funky compact bars, are those Roval wheels ??? hard to tell.
and something you could have easily done... check the internet... which came up on a quick search...
Team Quickstep Tarmac as published - Julian Alaphilippe’s Specialized Tarmac SL6 2018 race bike
the frame certainly seems to have the Quickstep paint - but also see and check the image of the inside fork blade...
if its a 'bike' thing - ride it, don;t worry be happy , it seems authentic enough (especially if you get some real bars...LOL!) - if its a 'money' thing, that's somenthing else
if I made the comparo - I'd call it Quickstep 'Edition', unless it had a rider name on the bike, under a clear coat...
was a fun read, especially since I love Tarmacs...
Ride On
Yuri
Old 10-22-21, 03:15 PM
jolly_codger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 138 Times in 63 Posts
Whyfi nailed it: Ask Specialized if serial number is legit.