Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Front force axs derailleur quit working

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 10-15-21, 07:37 AM
ls01
he said member

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Liked 1,929 Times in 1,190 Posts

So it won't shift or move at all. If I try to put it in pairing mode, the light starts flashing immediately orange. It doesn't show up in my wahoo indicator either. It's like it doesn't exist. It worked fine last Monday when I rode it. Now nothing. Batteries are fully charged.
Old 10-16-21, 07:27 AM
DaveSSS 

Bikes: Cinelli superstar disc, two Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
Liked 555 Times in 444 Posts
Try the sram axs owners page on Facebook or sram.com.
Old 10-19-21, 10:05 AM
ls01
he said member

Originally Posted by DaveSSS
Try the sram axs owners page on Facebook or sram.com.
Thanks
Old 10-20-21, 01:25 PM
The MuffinMan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
email Sram support about your issue. A ticket will be assigned and someone will work with you through the issue. I had issues too when I first set up AXS on my bike and the tech gear head guy was very hlepful.
support@sram.com
Old 10-20-21, 01:29 PM
Gravel Rider

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 63 Posts
1st world problems.
Old 10-27-21, 05:56 AM
ls01
he said member

So here's how this works out.
I get in touch with Srams help desk they talk me, well, email me, through several resets, firmware updates, trouble shootings. Etc. In the end the Derailleur is dead. Memory corruption. It's pretty common. If you look on the internet there is a growing number of bricked parts.
But, since I bought my group on ebay I am not eligible for any warranty. But what really sucks is being told to, "feel free to take it to an authorized Sram dealer for repair and maybe they can help you out " not even a crash replacement offer.
Old 10-27-21, 06:26 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 6882 Post(s)
Liked 10,875 Times in 4,639 Posts
Originally Posted by ls01
So here's how this works out.
I get in touch with Srams help desk they talk me, well, email me, through several resets, firmware updates, trouble shootings. Etc. In the end the Derailleur is dead. Memory corruption. It's pretty common. If you look on the internet there is a growing number of bricked parts.
But, since I bought my group on ebay I am not eligible for any warranty. But what really sucks is being told to, "feel free to take it to an authorized Sram dealer for repair and maybe they can help you out " not even a crash replacement offer.
Sorry for your troubles...But that is standard retail procedure. If you want a warranty, buy through an authorized channel.
Old 10-27-21, 06:53 AM
The MuffinMan

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
That's a bummer. How old is it, how many miles? You could just buy another one on ebay and replace it. I see lots of them and some not too expensive. Good luck. You'd probably wait a lot longer and pay more by going through a dealer. I just ordered a rear Force AXS rear derailleur (no battery) from Taiwan for $269 new as a back up for just such an occurrence. However, it will be at least 3 weeks before I see it. Who knows with shipping these days. As we all know the bike industry is all messed up for product availability and delivery lead times.
Old 10-27-21, 08:29 AM
ls01
he said member

Originally Posted by Koyote
Sorry for your troubles...But that is standard retail procedure. If you want a warranty, buy through an authorized channel.
Right. But then why sell to someone obviously purchasing to redistribute?

EDIT; just to add. I wasn't expecting them to replace it or jump through hoops. But a crash warranty or discount would have gone a long way towards making this right. I didn't provide the update that killed it.

Last edited by ls01; 10-27-21 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-27-21, 08:31 AM
ls01
he said member

Originally Posted by The MuffinMan
That's a bummer. How old is it, how many miles? You could just buy another one on ebay and replace it. I see lots of them and some not too expensive. Good luck. You'd probably wait a lot longer and pay more by going through a dealer. I just ordered a rear Force AXS rear derailleur (no battery) from Taiwan for $269 new as a back up for just such an occurrence. However, it will be at least 3 weeks before I see it. Who knows with shipping these days. As we all know the bike industry is all messed up for product availability and delivery lead times.
I did, $240ish.
Old 10-27-21, 08:33 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 6882 Post(s)
Liked 10,875 Times in 4,639 Posts
Originally Posted by ls01
Right. But then why sell to someone obviously purchasing to redistribute?
Even if SRAM did sell the groupset to the eBay seller (did they? do you know this?), it's irrelevant. You bought on the gray market, and that means no warranty.
Old 10-27-21, 08:35 AM
ls01
he said member

Originally Posted by Koyote
Even if SRAM did sell the groupset to the eBay seller (did they? do you know this?), it's irrelevant. You bought on the gray market, and that means no warranty.

I get it.
But understand I am still a consumer of their product. Like it or not. My opinion does matter. Eventually they are going to get called on this firmware debacle. This is a monster of their making not mine. Had I crashed and it stopped working, ok fine no problem . But a firmware update should not kill the part its updating. No matter how I came to posses the item.

Last edited by ls01; 10-27-21 at 08:44 AM.