Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

A call to those who serve...BF Members in The Military.

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

A call to those who serve...BF Members in The Military.

Old 02-29-12, 06:29 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Okay all, jtwilson gets the magazines I can put together for the length of his deployment. Now lets see some others take up 2ndGens flag and do this too, if you can. thanks to 2nd gen for this thread. And thanks to all the men and women serving our country.

Update, 09 Mar 2012, I mailed a package on Monday, 05 Mar 2012, and heard form him this morning. His internet had been out for a bit but he got to access the web for a short bit. As soon as the Military Mail services can get the package to him he will have some new 'zines to peruse. A new package will go out each month or sooner when possible.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Last edited by qcpmsame; 03-09-12 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-18-12, 11:41 AM
jlp1976

Bikes: 2011 CAAD 10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please do not let the recent news events discourage anyone from supporting the members of any U.S. military service. That was only one guy with serious issues. Please don't let his actions reflect your views of the rest of us.
Old 03-22-12, 05:49 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

jlp,
We don't blame anyone but fate for this. The actions of one apparently stressed to the breaking point man does not reflect on our young men and women.

All,
JT Wilson received the magazines yesterday. Much quicker than the post office guy thought they would take. I'll get another batch of magazines for him in about a week. Please help these young men and women out as best as you can.

Semper Fi,
Bill

Old 04-07-12, 07:57 PM
RLTW

Bikes: Madone 3.1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey all, new to the forum and a new biker all together. I have been in the military for about 5 years now, thanks for all the support.
Old 04-16-12, 07:39 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

RLTW,
Welcome to bicycling and to BF. Thanks much for your service to our country.

Bill

Old 04-28-12, 02:32 PM
waynesworld
Papaya King

Bikes: 2009 Felt X City D, 1985 (?) Trek 400, 1995 (?) Specialized Rockhopper, 1995 Trek 850

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I'm a 6 year Navy veteran. Thanks to all of you who serve or have served.
Old 05-02-12, 12:46 PM
Sn4fu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
3 years and counting Army here. I think what you all are doing for our guys overseas is wonderful. To my brothers and sisters over there now, keep your heads down. Leave me some bad guys, I'll be there "soon".
Old 05-05-12, 08:27 PM
navyasw02

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm Navy stationed overseas in Japan. I finally got my bike out for the first time last weekend and had a fun, but slightly scary ride through downtown Yokohama traffic. Looking forward to hitting the road more this season and exploring.
Old 05-06-12, 04:17 AM
smeach

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am a 19 1/2 year Air Force member currently stationed in Massachusetts. I have gotten into road cycling thanks to being assigned in the Boston area. This area has a very large cycling following...this week I bought a 2012 Cannondale Synapse 105. I am looking forward to riding throughout this area before my retirement and moving to upstate New York in July.
Old 05-10-12, 08:15 PM
stealthfixr

Bikes: Pinarello Rokh

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Checking in from a deployment to Pakistan. I am a 21 year USAF officer, still on active duty, still serving proudly and hope to continue for as long as they let me. Thank you for this thread and giving a darn!
Old 05-17-12, 06:43 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Thanks so much to all the members checking in here at the BF Road Riding U.S.O. center. I haven't seen 2ndGen lately so I'll step up and say thanks for your service. You people protect the freedoms we cherish so much. Semper Fi to all of you.

Bill Barnard

Old 05-21-12, 10:57 AM
serendipity213

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New member here, new to cycling, Marine Corps veteran. Semper Fi
Old 05-21-12, 07:42 PM
RPolk
RC-3

Bikes: Surly Cross Check; Serotta CX II Steel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice thing being done here. I'm Retired Army, simple jestures like the

ones being done here make a world of difference in the life of our deployed Service members.
Old 05-21-12, 07:52 PM
Simpletommy

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a Navy Chief and currently stationed in Yokosuka, Japan. I normally mountain bike, and commute by bike, but recently took up this road touring thing.

Thank you to all my brothers and sisters in the fleet, and other services. Thank you to those back "home" (wherever that may be) that keep the fires warm and lit.
Old 05-22-12, 01:41 AM
robncircus
Gunner.

Bikes: Giant TCR, Spooky Skeletor, Pivot Mach 6

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Update from the stan: it's warming up where I'm at. I'm at 5k feet of elevation, so I won't see any crazy high temps but you can tell the summer is coming. I saw a guy on base in a full kit a few weeks ago and got a good chuckle. I've been off the bike since October, but I'm trying to keep fitness up with running intervals, spink bike sessions, and some "cross-fit" lifting routines. There's a couple guys at the gym who seem like cyclists, based solely on their passion for pain on the spin bikes.

Life is good otherwise. Hot food and hot showers sure beats what it could be. I'm hoping to get home by Septemberish so I can race the off-season in So Cal but as of right now I'm going one day at a time.

Cheers

CM2 Robncircus
Old 05-22-12, 05:38 AM
LowCel 
Throw the stick!!!!

Bikes: GMC Denali

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 31 Posts
I never served but I want to thank all of those that have (and/or are). Without you and your sacrifices my life would be nothing like it is.
Old 06-01-12, 11:36 AM
Colonelmom

Bikes: Giant, Jamis fixie, Orbea Orca; Ceverlo P2SL TT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Closing in on a ONE year tour in the Stan...and 27 years of Army service... should be home mid August... looking to do ONE crit in NC in September... thanks for the support...
Old 06-01-12, 03:37 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Thanks for the service and for protecting our freedoms Colonel. From an Old Marine to a long time doggie, Many thanks to you!

Old 06-01-12, 09:20 PM
Altamont

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what a great thread. for info, the post office has a special rate on large priority mail boxes going overseas (APO). plus the box is free. my son is in eastern Afghanistan, for one more month (Army, Medic Platoon Leader). if anyone wants to take it to the next level, consider donating or even volunteering for the Wounded Warrior project. woundedwarriorproject.org. go there, and you'll see cycling, kayaking and other arenas of helping our own there. I spend a couple days a month on it, and sometimes I swear it helps me more than it helps the men and women who come out and participate. thanks to all who serve!
Old 06-02-12, 11:26 AM
Colonelmom

Bikes: Giant, Jamis fixie, Orbea Orca; Ceverlo P2SL TT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
Thanks for the service and for protecting our freedoms Colonel. From an Old Marine to a long time doggie, Many thanks to you!
Thank-you.. my son-in-law is a Marine, Niece at Annapolis, and son will head to WP in 2013.... dog face soldiers.... HOOAH to our brothers..
Old 06-02-12, 08:27 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Roger that, Colonel. Sounds like a dedicated family there. Thanks to all.

Bill

Old 06-27-12, 07:40 PM
Robbiefab

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been on quite a few forums throughout my Militarycareer. They are almost an absolute must to prevent myself from smashingannoying people’s faces in. I am a helicopter mechanic for the Air Force which Iunderstand sounds strange since most people did not know we have helicopters.This is the first forum that I started frequenting that has shown this supportand understanding that most family members never really know how to help with aperson’s lost for the hobby/passion/lifestyle they leave behind. Thank you guysfor what you do helping our brothers and sisters in arms serving and living upthe highest honor our citizens can. (I am just getting off a 12 hour shift. Ihope this is coherent.)
Old 06-28-12, 06:28 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Robbiefab,
Welcome to Bike Forums and thanks for your service to our country. If you get to Hurlburt Field AFB with the MH and CV rotary wing squadrons for AFSOC drop me a P.M when you get 50 posts and we will get together. Ride safe.

Bill

Old 06-30-12, 01:29 AM
Robbiefab

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks qcpmsame. I am have been stuck at nellis for some time. I am ready to roll out of here, but enjoying what I can. Ill definately hit you up if I do find my way out there.
Old 07-04-12, 06:43 PM
smoke
Royal Grand Exalted Pooba

Bikes: Time VXR ProTeam, Look 695, Pinarello Paris Carbon, Ridley Dean, Time ZXRS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robbiefab
I have been on quite a few forums throughout my Militarycareer. They are almost an absolute must to prevent myself from smashingannoying people’s faces in. I am a helicopter mechanic for the Air Force which Iunderstand sounds strange since most people did not know we have helicopters.This is the first forum that I started frequenting that has shown this supportand understanding that most family members never really know how to help with aperson’s lost for the hobby/passion/lifestyle they leave behind. Thank you guysfor what you do helping our brothers and sisters in arms serving and living upthe highest honor our citizens can. (I am just getting off a 12 hour shift. Ihope this is coherent.)
happy fourth to ya, rob

-Fyodor Dostoevsky's Grand Inquisitor

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.