Search
Notices
South America, Latin America & Caribbean South America, Latin America, and the Caribbean

Barbados

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-21, 03:13 PM
Trotsky

Bikes: My mountain bike after 22 years is retired, and I am now using a touring bike, and I still have my folding bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Barbados

I will start this regional discussion. I am in Barbados and I ride every day. My wife and I grew up in the US, but when we retired, we wanted to do something else, so we moved to Barbados and have been here for about 7 years. The weather is great and riding in shorts and tees every day is special. I have not had to deal with the evil white stuff for about 8 years, although ice was the worst part of it.
Old 12-07-21, 07:37 AM
Trotsky

Bikes: My mountain bike after 22 years is retired, and I am now using a touring bike, and I still have my folding bike.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Good Bicycle store in Barbados

The bike store I use the most is Taylors cycle center in St. Michael's Row in Bridgetown. They have a good stock and usually I can find what I need in Bike spares. There are other places on the island, but this is my go to store. It is conveniently located and fairly easy to get to, albeit on a one way street. If they they don't have what I need, the manager will work with me to get what is available online. The custom on bike spares is not as bad as on a whole bicycle. There are a number of shippers on the island who offer mailboxes in Miami, to which an order can be sent to. Usually the shipper will apply the customs and delivery, so that is another option.
Old 05-03-22, 11:35 AM
Trotsky

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bicycles renting or buying

If you are in Barbados for a short visit, you can rent bicycles in numerous places. On the south coast where I am there is Bike Caribbean and Ebikes, and both are in St Lawrence gap. Both offer tours, and during the high season I often see groups of riders wherever I ride. Up on the Worthing main road (hiway 7) there Capt. Edys ebikes. The west coast has bike rentals and many hotels offer bicycles for guests. If you are in Barbados longer on a student or work permit and you want to buy a bicycle, your first place should be the creative workshop in the pinelands off of Wildey road. They rehab used bikes, and do a very nice job. I got my current bicycle there. The money that they make goes into a dance program for children. New bikes can be bought at Taylor's and at other bike shops and at other stores on the island.