Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Recall: Specialized Tarmac SL7 Bicycles and Framesets

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-21, 09:54 AM
Bici Veloce

Bikes: 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL7 Dura-Ace Di2, 2022 Cervelo Caledonia-5 SRAM Rival etap AXS, 2019 Specialized Sirrus Elite Alloy, 1977 Schwinn Super LeTour 12.2, 85 Bianchi Limited Shimano New 600EX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 28 Posts

I don't believe this has been posted yet...

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2022/Sp...Injury-Hazards

Description:This recall involves Specialized Tarmac SL7 bicycles and framesets. “Tarmac” is written on the back of the bicycle’s seat tube. There is an integrated (hidden) cable routing through the bicycle’s headset. “Specialized” or “SWORKS” are printed on the bicycle’s downtube.

Remedy:Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled bicycles and contact Specialized Bicycle Components for a free inspection and repair.

Incidents/Injuries:The company has received two reports of the bicycle’s steerer tube breaking after harsh frontal impact. No injuries have been reported.

Sold AtAuthorized Specialized Bicycle Components retailers nationwide from July 2020 through August 2021 for between $3,300 and $15,000.

Manufactured In:
Taiwan
Importer(s):Specialized Bicycle Components Inc., of Morgan Hill, Calif.

Recall number:
22-006
Old 10-15-21, 09:56 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
I've been waiting for 4 maybe 5 days to see who posted about this first. I think you are the winner, unless it's someone in one of the other sub-forums I never go to.
Old 11-21-21, 09:15 AM
novabiill

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On one hand, Specialized claims the SL7 is 45 seconds faster over 40k than the SL6. On the other hand, that claim was for the S-works build with the Aerofly II bars and Roval Rapide CLX's, and the round bars and shallow aluminum wheels of the Comp build should be quite a bit slower. I could replace them, of course, but that would make it a $6000-$7000 bike.