Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Rouvy

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-22, 10:16 AM
ALLBOY

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rouvy

In a previous post I sad that I was new to cyccling, was using Rouvy with a Derito X trainer and had a query about power. I had some very interesting replies and thank evryone for them. Now, I really like Rouvy. I did try a couple of others but liked the Rouvy graphics and choice of rides. There is one thing that mystifies me. I did put it to Rouvy who described it as something never heard of before. Basically, as another rider passes me which is very often my'view' pauses but the rider keeps going until he is possibly a few hundred meters in front of me. My 'view' then starts moving again.The mystery deepens as this does not always happen. Sometimes a rider passes me and my view stays just as it would if it was a real life situation. Is this usual or is my setup not good enough. I do have Windows 10, and i5 processor and a GT1030 video card fitted in an attempt to cure this teature.
Old 02-08-22, 11:10 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 686 Posts
probably better posted in the indoor riding forum.

i have never had this happen, but then not many pass me as i am riding mostly because i am riding routes in Rouvy that are not popular. just last night i rode a 24mi ride in Italy. ~10 miles in another rider joined.
Old 02-08-22, 11:28 AM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
I've never had that happen. One possibility is that rendering the passing rider's avatar is bogging down your GPU. You could try lowering the graphics quality in the Rouvy settings to see if that helps. Another possibility is that you coincidentally experience random network delays if you're streaming the route video instead of having it pre-downloaded. What video quality do you have set? If it's too high you can try downloading instead of streaming or bumping the resolution down.
Old 02-08-22, 11:34 AM
ALLBOY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use 2080.. I found that it gives me a really good clear picture. I did try knocking than down to ??? and the 'problrm' did go away but when riding between trees or bushes the branches and leaves seemed to be shaking a bit. I will look into the download bit though. Thanks, Allen
Old 02-08-22, 11:54 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,828 Times in 2,984 Posts
Are you streaming the ride video or have you downloaded it? If the former, then it could be a buffering issue if your broadband is slow. I've had this happen a couple of isolated times i.e. view freezes and my avatar rides off up the road, but not in relation to being passed. I put it down to a brief loss of internet connection.
Old 02-09-22, 02:53 AM
ALLBOY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That was a typy in my last reply. I obviously meant 1080. I do in fact download the rides. What happens sometimes is not, I suppose, much of a problem. Certainly it wasn't enough to stop me taking out a year's subscription to Rouvy.
Old 02-09-22, 06:29 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3657 Post(s)
Liked 5,393 Times in 2,738 Posts
https://www.bikeforums.net/indoor-st...cycling-forum/
Old 02-17-22, 07:28 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,568 Times in 3,766 Posts
Thread moved from General to Indoor.

Old 02-17-22, 10:51 AM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
Ride Rouvy daily never have had this issue.
Best to download video Especially if you are on a popular AR ride or group ride.
If you have a smart phone have you tried it there?
sounds like a computer issue.