Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Help finding Specialized Range Extender battery

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 04-13-22, 08:49 AM
scutchin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

I just bought a Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO. Fantastic bike, also the world's longest name.

I'm having trouble finding the RE battery, even the local shop is out and has no date.

Does anyone have insight on one?

I'm in the Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia area.

Thanks!

p.s. happy to answer questions about the bike.
Old 04-13-22, 10:59 PM
kahn

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 396 Posts
Originally Posted by scutchin
I just bought a Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO. Fantastic bike, also the world's longest name.

I'm having trouble finding the RE battery, even the local shop is out and has no date.

Does anyone have insight on one?

I'm in the Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia area.

Thanks!

p.s. happy to answer questions about the bike.
Enjoy the bike. I was able to purchase the first Range Extender locally. The second out of town - no air shipment. Have you checked Specialized site for shipment to a local shop?
Old 04-20-22, 03:32 PM
palincss

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts
I just did a google shopping search for the SL range extender battery and found 5 places selling them online for around $450 each.

Following the link for check up to 20 stores, I found one, City Bikes Adams Morgan, that's pretty local for you. It says "limited stock." You might want to give them a call -- and then ride there.
Likes For palincss:
Old 04-21-22, 07:57 AM
scutchin

OP here, sorry that I forgot to follow up. I found the battery in stock in at ElectriCityBikes in Tenleytown. Fantastic shop! Tons of stuff in stock, great folks work there, and they reflashed my bike to get the mobile app working. They also caught that the spider was wobbly so they submitted a claim to Specialized, something I should note that the dealer I bought it from missed.

A nice 80 mile round trip by bike from my house
Likes For scutchin:
Old 06-03-22, 09:05 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 2,225 Times in 1,248 Posts
I have a friend that I ride with that has one of these bikes. I ride classic steel bikes and I would love to climb hills like that Specialized does. When we ride together he does not use the assist and it pedals just like a regular bike. It is not much heavier than my bike ( 1975 Colnago) . I think I will take him up on the offer to try it out. I'm afraid I will like it and have to figure out where I'm going to get 7K!
Old 06-03-22, 09:27 AM
scutchin

Originally Posted by Kabuki12
I have a friend that I ride with that has one of these bikes. I ride classic steel bikes and I would love to climb hills like that Specialized does. When we ride together he does not use the assist and it pedals just like a regular bike. It is not much heavier than my bike ( 1975 Colnago) . I think I will take him up on the offer to try it out. I'm afraid I will like it and have to figure out where I'm going to get 7K!
My typical route is 32 miles on the W&OD here in the DC area. I use the Creo for low aerobic (according to my Garmin) rides, the Roubaix for high aerobic. I actually average slightly faster on the Roubaix, but that's because I'm usually not in a hurry on the Creo. With no assist it really is just like a regular bike, feels pretty similar to the Diverge gravel bike I had.

I have done a few road rides on the Creo on high assist and yeah, that thing flies!

FYI my friend has one on order, so don't ride your friends
Likes For scutchin: