Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Running vs Bike riding energy expenditure

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Running vs Bike riding energy expenditure

Old 10-10-21, 05:34 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3240 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by guachi
There are people who like to go further or faster who aren't racing. In addition, going further/faster does have value in exercise. If going places had no value in exercise we'd all exercise indoors. I do a LOT of riding inside but my favorite rides are all outside. I tell people who don't bike that a big reason I bike instead of run is because I can go faster and further and, therefore, see more stuff. Suffering, but with great views (for the best rides). My stupid expensive bike is 10% faster than my merely expensive bike and I absolutely can't wait to take more trips with it (especially to Europe) and be able to see just a little bit more when I go ride for the same effort.
Might as well end the debate after this post. It definitely answers all of the questions.
Likes For seypat: