Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

new bike find

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

new bike find

Old 11-30-21, 11:27 AM
CrowSeph

Bikes: BMC SLR01; Cannondale Trail; Lot's of project and vintage bikes..

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 101 Posts
new bike find

hello guys , i found a bike for around 115$.
By looking at the seatpost bolt seems a legnano but also seems the frame has been painted with a spray can so it lost the original beauty.
Is equipped with campagnolo nuovo record but not fully , the levers and the brake seems not match (but i'm not sure).
i already have a bike for the eroica event (you can see it there
and
).
Is the campy nuovo record better than the gran sport as grade and rarity?
Honestly i'm not looking for a new bike unless is something really good or cheap.
do you think is worth to buy , fix and sell? well there is plenty of work.
or the option B , is worth to buy it , fix it and keep (but that implies selling my tomasini).

edit. also the wheels seems they are from legnano/gnutti.
if someone can identify new parts please tell me

Last edited by CrowSeph; 11-30-21 at 11:38 AM.
Likes For CrowSeph:
Old 11-30-21, 11:44 AM
jdawginsc 
Edumacator

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 3,086 Times in 1,945 Posts
Originally Posted by CrowSeph
hello guys , i found a bike for around 115$.
By looking at the seatpost bolt seems a legnano but also seems the frame has been painted with a spray can so it lost the original beauty.
Is equipped with campagnolo nuovo record but not fully , the levers and the brake seems not match (but i'm not sure).
i already have a bike for the eroica event (you can see it there https://www.instagram.com/p/CKGWJSOFBjU/ and https://www.instagram.com/p/CKQn89XFA6c/).
Is the campy nuovo record better than the gran sport as grade and rarity?
Honestly i'm not looking for a new bike unless is something really good or cheap.
do you think is worth to buy , fix and sell? well there is plenty of work.
or the option B , is worth to buy it , fix it and keep (but that implies selling my tomasini).

edit. also the wheels seems they are from legnano/gnutti.
if someone can identify new parts please tell me

If I had an opportunity to pick that up for $115 I’d be running. That is a cool bike.
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super

Likes For jdawginsc:
Old 11-30-21, 11:49 AM
canopus 

Bikes: Road, Touring, BMX, Cruisers...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 111 Posts
At that price I might buy it to part it out or keep the components & sell the frame if I wasn't looking for a bike or a project. It has some nice CV going on but to make it clean, ridable or sellable would be lot of work and expense in bits and bobs. If you don't want/buy/sell (parts) and don't want a money losing project (bike) I would probably pass.

Next time probably post this in the What's it Worth forum.
1984 Trek 760
1981 Trek 710
Pics
Old 11-30-21, 08:04 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3801 Post(s)
Liked 3,324 Times in 2,170 Posts
-----

Buongiorno Don Peppino!

your identification is correct

the seat binder alone does not necessarily make it a Legnano as other manufacturers employed the arrangement as well

however, the seat binder combined with the lug pattern and fork crown pattern do make it a Bozzi bici

readers will be able to make more detailed comments regarding the ricambi when you are able to post some larger format imagini

-----
Likes For juvela:
Old 11-30-21, 10:55 PM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 468 Posts
Keep the Tomasini (and reverse your skewers).
Likes For shoota:
Old 12-01-21, 05:41 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2924 Post(s)
Liked 2,916 Times in 1,488 Posts
Gran Sport, Nuovo Record and Super Record are all basically the same but they are progressively lighter a new prettier. They all share, along with C-Rec, Vic, Tri, the same design and basic dimensions

Nice looking project.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 12-01-21, 06:37 AM
sbrudno

Bikes: Motobecane Grand Record, Motobecane Super Mirage (3x5 speeds), Motobecane Mirage, Atala (unknown model), Peugeot mixte frame Tourist and Schwinn Sport. A bunch more kids bikes. Most recently a Trek Verve One, tricked up for serious touring.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
If it was not in Italy, I would probably consider buying it myself. Excellent project bike OR you could part it out OR you could get another frame and rebuild the "new" bike. You are certainly right: painting over the original paint job and not keeping some semblance of originality is a sin! These days there are a number of sites where you can buy decals for just about any bike.
Likes For sbrudno: