Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Folding road bike or foldie with drop bar?

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Folding road bike or foldie with drop bar?

Old 10-25-21, 01:50 AM
Barchettaman

Bikes: Focus trash find commuter, Eddy Merckx Corsa, BP Stealth TT bike, Leader 720 TT bike, Boardman Comp Hybrid drop bar conversion, Quantec CX budget cyclocross build, SerottaNOS frameset ready to build up!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by kwantani
For the bulhorn bar riders, where do you mount your brake lever? Could you show me pictures on where you attached the brake lever?.
on my Dahon I upgraded the brakes to Magura Hs11 hydraulic rim calipers, so the brake levers are mounted inboard as on a standard flat bar.

I’ve see that set up with the Cx interrupter levers and bar end shifters over here in Germany and it looks an excellent solution! Bear in mind that if your folder has V-brakes you’ll have to start getting creative.
Old 10-25-21, 09:02 AM
kwantani

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 21 Posts
I saw your profile you're into TT bikes, very nice!
I've a Hotta 700 TT and a GT Superbike TT (24in frt 700c rear).
last weekend I bought a used Serotta Legend Ti
Old 10-26-21, 07:18 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1359 Post(s)
Liked 1,658 Times in 822 Posts
I am still considering putting end-mounted brake levers on the bull-horn bars of my bike, but I wanted to keep things to a tight budget. So when I figured out I could use the levers that came with the bike I went with them.

Also a bar-end shifter would be nice, too.

But, hey...I bought the bike for $100 and spent only another $125 to get it to where it was working, and I was happy.
Old 11-14-21, 08:59 PM
L Arnold
**thusi*st

Bikes: Specialized Touring Expedition '1984, Volagi Liscio, Dahon Visc D18, Dahon Visc SL, Schwinn Moab

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Here you go - Dahon Anniversary Relica. I have one available, brand new along with a suitcase that it fits in.
https://nomadic.net/lines-of-busines...eplica-stellar
(That is some glare, not scratches near the top pedal on the frame).
30 Speeds. 3 in the Hub, and 10 on the Cassette.

Likes For L Arnold:
Old 11-15-21, 02:13 AM
Fentuz

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream p8 (sold), customized Dahon Helios x10, customzed Dahon Smooth Hound x9,customized Dahon Hammerhead 8.0 d7, Planet X Free Ranger (mullet setup 1x11), Planet X Giovanissimi 20 (1x9), Frog 52 (1x9) and Frog 48 1s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 162 Posts
As some others mentioned, if you're handy get a 2nd hand inexpensive folber and upgrade/modify it to your own specifications. I did that: https://www.bikeforums.net/folding-b...e-type-tt.html
and:
https://www.bikeforums.net/folding-b...m-rebuild.html

Last edited by Fentuz; 11-15-21 at 02:16 AM.
Likes For Fentuz: