Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Armstong English lightweight

Old 11-24-21, 01:57 PM
Tbritt505

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Armstong English lightweight

Greetings........I have an Armstrong English Lightweight........serial # 49932B..........3 speed Sturmey ARCHFF hub........I was curious as to it's vintage and value........the bike has typical wear but is in very good condition, original paint is very good with some nicks and scratches, transfers very visible with some fading, front badge clean and very good.....3 speed hub works good............if anyone knows these bikes, I'm sure they know what a great rider they are, I have always enjoyed riding it.........Thanks Tom
Old 11-24-21, 02:09 PM
rjhammett

Bikes: 85 De Rosa, 92 Merckx MX Leader, 99 Tommasini Sintesi, 08 Look 585, 89 Merckx Corsa Extra, 72 Holdsworth Professional

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked 549 Times in 241 Posts
There were billions of English 3 speeds that were produced. Armstrong is not a marquee brand of 3 speed. Locally I have seen English 3 speeds selling between $25 and $125. The rear hub will have the year of the bike/hub.
Old 11-24-21, 02:16 PM
Tbritt505

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply, numbers 63 and 5 were stamped on the hub, 1963 I'm thinking and the value was not that important.........but your info was worth a lot.......Thanks for your help....
Old 11-24-21, 04:17 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5887 Post(s)
Liked 3,469 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by Tbritt505
Thanks for the reply, numbers 63 and 5 were stamped on the hub, 1963 I'm thinking and the value was not that important.........but your info was worth a lot.......Thanks for your help....
They're fine bikes. If you upload some pics especially of the whole bike from the drive side to you profile, someone will post them to this thread. Newbies aren't allowed to post pics until they have 10 posts (it's an anti spam measure). We like old 3 speeds.