Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Ride Videos

Old 11-16-21, 06:01 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Bikes: Collage Super, Eisentraut Ltd, Sarma Shaman (fatty), Giant Revolt Advanced 0 (gravel), Orbea Oiz M20 (mtb)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 77 Posts
Ride Videos

Hi, I'm fairly new to the forum. I enjoy taking videos of some of my rides and stitching them together with some backing music as a way of sharing my love of cycling with others. Here's a link to a playlist of my cycling videos I've created and continue to add to—ideal for viewing while training indoors. Below is my most recent ride video from last Sunday's ride along the Minnesota River trails south of Minneapolis, Mn.

Kevin g

Old 11-19-21, 10:54 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Liked 5,429 Times in 2,826 Posts
Really like your choice of music. Well done!

Old 11-20-21, 09:25 AM
onekgguy
Retired

Bikes: Collage Super, Eisentraut Ltd, Sarma Shaman (fatty), Giant Revolt Advanced 0 (gravel), Orbea Oiz M20 (mtb)

Originally Posted by rsbob
Really like your choice of music. Well done!
Thanks so much.

Kevin g
Old 11-23-21, 02:27 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5219 Post(s)
Liked 3,564 Times in 2,331 Posts
really nice job! welcome! post more of them! love the sketchy bike ferry!
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 11-23-21, 03:29 PM
Milk_n_whisky

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Rad!
Likes For Milk_n_whisky:
Old 11-23-21, 06:44 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Originally Posted by rumrunn6
really nice job! welcome! post more of them! love the sketchy bike ferry!
Thank you. I'll continue to add them to this thread as I put them together. The raft works pretty well but it was pulled up on shore today for the winter. It's going to be at least a month before the creek freezes solid enough to ride across—maybe longer if our warm weather continues. I was riding in 52ºf (11ºc) weather today. That's pretty warm for this deep into November in the Minneapolis area.

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 11-23-21, 06:50 PM
kitbiggz

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
yea nice
Likes For kitbiggz:
Old 11-23-21, 10:00 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Three weeks into November and we're still enjoying temps warm enough to allow me to wear shorts on my rides here in the Minneapolis area. I'll take it! I rode the Minnesota River bottoms today (just south of Minneapolis).

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 11-24-21, 04:40 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Originally Posted by onekgguy
Three weeks into November and we're still enjoying temps warm enough to allow me to wear shorts on my rides here in the Minneapolis area. I'll take it! I rode the Minnesota River bottoms today (just south of Minneapolis).
looks like you have a good area to ride. you guys get snow in your area?
Old 11-24-21, 08:39 AM
onekgguy
Retired

looks like you have a good area to ride. you guys get snow in your area?
I live in a suburb of the Minneapolis metro area (Lakeville) where we get our share of snow. The river bottoms where my video was recorded yesterday is such an excellent place for fat biking in the winter. We have a group that has a snowdog to keep the trails groomed. It's quite a popular place. Here's a video from last winter.

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 11-24-21, 09:33 AM
rumrunn6

I live in a suburb of the Minneapolis metro area (Lakeville) where we get our share of snow. The river bottoms where my video was recorded yesterday is such an excellent place for fat biking in the winter. We have a group that has a snowdog to keep the trails groomed. It's quite a popular place. Here's a video from last winter
oh man those conditions are ideal! very stable videos too btw. aside from the groomed trails, I'm assuming that's just from the gopro's image stabilization not from any gimbal?
Old 11-24-21, 11:34 AM
onekgguy
Retired

oh man those conditions are ideal! very stable videos too btw. aside from the groomed trails, I'm assuming that's just from the gopro's image stabilization not from any gimbal?
Thanks. I'm using a GoPro Hero 8 in front and a Hero 7 in the rear. Their internal stabilization is nothing short of incredible. The only adjustments to the image I make is to tweak the color.

Kevin g
Old 11-24-21, 01:17 PM
rumrunn6

Thanks. I'm using a GoPro Hero 8 in front and a Hero 7 in the rear. Their internal stabilization is nothing short of incredible
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 11-27-21, 08:15 PM
onekgguy
Retired

The River Bottoms with Jason and Tyler

I met some friends for a ride along the Minnesota River bottoms this morning in temps around freezing. It was a beautiful morning to be out. Snow and sustained cooler temps can't be too far off. My fatty is prepped and ready to go once that happens!

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 12-07-21, 11:12 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Snow Day!

Where was this snow for Global Fat Bike Day!? We finally received more than a dusting of snow here in the Minneapolis area. The temp was between 12 - 15ºf (-11 - -9ºc). I scrapped my other plans and loaded my fatty onto my car and headed for the Minnesota River bottoms for a romp in the snow. You cannot do this kind of riding and not feel like a kid again. You just can't! As someone who has sworn an oath to never grow up, this works really well for me! 🥂

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 12-08-21, 10:06 AM
rumrunn6

finally received more than a dusting of snow here in the Minneapolis area. The temp was between 12 - 15ºf (-11 - -9ºc). I scrapped my other plans and loaded my fatty onto my car and headed for the Minnesota River bottoms for a romp in the snow. You cannot do this kind of riding and not feel like a kid again. You just can't! As someone who has sworn an oath to never grow up, this works really well for me!
excellent! looking forward to watching! we're expecting flurries today/tonight, maybe a single 1" of snow, oh boy! got the bike on the car (but not a fatty). Wifey saw me loading up this morning, before work & just shook her head. at least she gets it, right? question for ya, do you ever cover your bike's drivetrain on your car? I've tried a cpl things over the years, even bought something specifically for that purpose, but I couldn't make it work & it tore. so I just use plastic bags & tape

hehe fun! clever video clips on bike rolling in & out of garage & along the highway. I wanna try that too. very clever
Old 12-08-21, 10:38 AM
onekgguy
Retired

excellent! looking forward to watching! we're expecting flurries today/tonight, maybe a single 1" of snow, oh boy! got the bike on the car (but not a fatty). Wifey saw me loading up this morning, before work & just shook her head. at least she gets it, right? question for ya, do you ever cover your bike's drivetrain on your car? I've tried a cpl things over the years, even bought something specifically for that purpose, but I couldn't make it work & it tore. so I just use plastic bags & tape

hehe fun! clever video clips on bike rolling in & out of garage & along the highway. I wanna try that too. very clever
Thanks! No, I've never attempted to cover my bike in any way although it's a good idea. Road salt wreaks havoc on drivetrains—my rear derailleur can attest to that! I like to hose my bike off and towel dry it in the garage after a ride but that's about it in addition to regular chain lube and a spot of oil on my derailleur's pivots.

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 12-08-21, 12:35 PM
rumrunn6

Road salt wreaks havoc on drivetrains—my rear derailleur can attest to that!
road salt & then some ... hehehe

Old 12-08-21, 02:05 PM
onekgguy
Retired

road salt & then some ... hehehe

Yikes! Yeah, I'd definitely agree that you want to find a way to somehow shelter your bike from all that. Cool photos, tho! 😁

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 12-08-21, 02:22 PM
rumrunn6

Yikes! Yeah, I'd definitely agree that you want to find a way to somehow shelter your bike from all that. Cool photos, tho!
I like to go out at the beginning of storms then get home before it gets really bad. only problem is all this accumulation on the way home. much worse than what the bike endured during the ride. no biggie, it's mostly just water
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 12-28-21, 10:20 PM
onekgguy
Retired

I took a hard fall on our icy driveway a couple of Fridays ago (not bike related) and have been mostly off my bike since then while a persistent rib injury slowly heals. So, I'm missing stitching together some ride videos. I was reminiscing tonight while watching a few and longing for the roads and trails again. This is a video from 6 months ago on Independence Day. The 2nd half of the video gives you a nice idea of what riding the Minnesota River bottoms is all about. There's nothing technical about the trails—they simply have an awesome flow to them and are a bit of heaven-on-earth as they're surrounded by the MSP airport and busy suburban sprawl. They're one of my favorite places to ride. Enjoy! 🥂

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 12-29-21, 08:05 AM
rumrunn6

I took a hard fall on our icy driveway a couple of Fridays ago (not bike related) and have been mostly off my bike since then while a persistent rib injury slowly heals
that's how Dr Atkins, the diet doctor, died. I feel for ya. it was Christmas morning, we had some freezing rain, went out on the back patio w/ rubber boots to take a wintery candle photo to post on social media. went right down on my butt. I was lucky that I was able to break my fall with an arm on a nearby table & a hand on a step, coccyx bones intact. went back inside for the new winter boots & tried again, successfully. thank for for sharing the video, I look forward to watching it. I too find joy in watching some old bike videos. one of the benefits of going thru the trouble. even if other ppl don't watch them, they can still help me fall asleep. watching summer videos in the winter & conversely, winter videos in the summer, are particularly amusing
Old 12-29-21, 08:52 AM
onekgguy
Retired

that's how Dr Atkins, the diet doctor, died. I feel for ya. it was Christmas morning, we had some freezing rain, went out on the back patio w/ rubber boots to take a wintery candle photo to post on social media. went right down on my butt. I was lucky that I was able to break my fall with an arm on a nearby table & a hand on a step, coccyx bones intact. went back inside for the new winter boots & tried again, successfully. thank for for sharing the video, I look forward to watching it. I too find joy in watching some old bike videos. one of the benefits of going thru the trouble. even if other ppl don't watch them, they can still help me fall asleep. watching summer videos in the winter & conversely, winter videos in the summer, are particularly amusing
I still can't cough or sneeze without severe pain. Slow deep breaths get me to about 70% of my lung capacity. I'm nearly 3 weeks out from the fall and will probably never know if I cracked a rib. I do know there really isn't anything a medical doctor can do for it. I just got back from seeing my chiropractor and she was able to make a little headway with freeing up some tight areas along my spine. I didn't realize that about Dr Atkins. I've got a pair of shoes outfitted with Yaktrax to more safely negotiate our driveway. I'm glad your fall was somewhat controlled and that you prevented injury.

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 12-29-21, 10:32 AM
rumrunn6

I still can't cough or sneeze without severe pain. Slow deep breaths get me to about 70% of my lung capacity. I'm nearly 3 weeks out from the fall and will probably never know if I cracked a rib. I do know there really isn't anything a medical doctor can do for it. I just got back from seeing my chiropractor and she was able to make a little headway with freeing up some tight areas along my spine. I didn't realize that about Dr Atkins. I've got a pair of shoes outfitted with Yaktrax to more safely negotiate our driveway. I'm glad your fall was somewhat controlled and that you prevented injury.
wow, that's rough! ]those are good for shoes I have them too. but do I use them ...? well, good luck, I'd go see my general practitioner, regardless of cracked rib treatment research you've done
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 01-09-22, 10:00 AM
onekgguy
Retired

I've been sidelined from outdoor riding for the past month while I slowly recover from a nasty rib injury after falling on our icy driveway (not bike-related). Yesterday's weather was much too nice for me to ride inside any longer (23ºf / -5ºc) so I loaded up my fat bike and headed for the river bottoms. The trails were silky smooth and riding great on my 4" studded Dillingers with 4 psi (.27 bars) front and rear. I managed to crash about 15 minutes into my ride when I caught my left pedal on a large branch that was protruding through the snow on a lightly used section of the trail. Of course, I had to include it in the video below, minus the string of expletives that involuntarily came out of my mouth!

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.