Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Bacchetta Bella Under-seat reacher rack

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Old 09-11-22, 11:53 AM
Fullcount
Interested Backpacker

Bikes: 88 Peugot US Express, 2019 Bachetta Bella, 2023 Catrike Dumont, 2001 Trek 520 Slate Pearl, MayaCycle Trailer, 2104 Trek Domane, Sun EZ Sport Recumbent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is an FYI for those who may be considering trying to equip a Bella LWB recumbent for touring. BLUF: It did not work with my normal panniers. The Bella has a naturally low profile and with the under seat rack, the panniers will drag when turning a corner. I went to do a “U” turn, and the bag grabbed the pavement, ripping it off the rack, breaking one of the clips in the process. In addition, I found the Fred Flintstone shuffle hampered during startup as my heels were striking the bags. All in all, not happy with that configuration. If I tour with the Bella, it will be pulling a trailer. Already pulled the rear rack and the under seat rack. With weight savings of the two racks and four panniers, the trailer is only 1.5 pounds heavier. With the aerodynamic gains of the trailer, I am better off.
Hope this helps for those with a Bella.