Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Lake Winter Shoes Free for Postage

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-22, 08:49 PM
2wheeljonz 

Bikes: Eddy Merckx Titanium, AX, '74 Raleigh International, Velo Orange Randonneur, Trek 7600, Fuji Touring Series V, DeRosa, Miami Vice Ironman, Eddy Merckx 10th Anniversary

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 22 Posts

I bought these when when I lived in Utah but now live in Arizona and they’ve been sitting in my closet for a few years. The reason I’m offering them for free is that once when trying to zip up the rear zipper on one of the shoes the zipper broke (see photo). I never looked into getting it repaired and I don’t know if it can be repaired. Other than the zipper the shoes are in great shape. The Velcro is still strong. There is an elastic cuff that goes around your ankle to help keep snow, slush and possibly water out. I don’t recall if these are waterproof. Size 47 or US 12.5. I normally wear a 46 but wanted a little extra room for thicker socks.
First to reply to this post that they want them (not PM) gets them. Please include zip code so I can figure shipping cost. Shipping costs paid via PayPal friends and family. If your zip code shows you living in Florida or Southern California I’ll wonder why you want them.

Hope they go to a good home.
Mel

Old 09-02-22, 09:25 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 892 Post(s)
Liked 2,053 Times in 1,074 Posts
Shipping to 97030?

I was the youth group tent zipper repair guy BITD, so I can probably handle that. Figuring out why it broke is harder than the fix.
Old 09-02-22, 09:57 PM
2wheeljonz 

Bikes: Eddy Merckx Titanium, AX, '74 Raleigh International, Velo Orange Randonneur, Trek 7600, Fuji Touring Series V, DeRosa, Miami Vice Ironman, Eddy Merckx 10th Anniversary

I probably won’t be able to get to the post office tomorrow to get a quote. It will need to be on Tuesday.

The zipper broke because I man handled it. I tried to pull it up without holding the top of the zipper together to make it easier on the zipper to zip up.

Mel
Old 09-02-22, 10:00 PM
2wheeljonz 

Shoes claimed by downtube42.
You Snooze you lose.
Mel