Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Thanks for the suggestion on saddle creak

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-22, 10:11 PM
Symox

Bikes: '23 Poseidon Redwood, '07 Specialized Roubaix Comp Triple, '12 Gravity Fixie, '21 Liv Rove 4, '06? Giant EB Spirit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 151 Posts

I searched this forum for help with a newish saddle that started to creak. A few people recommended silicon spray lubricant. It works beautifully

Thanks for the help y'all!!!
Likes For Symox:
Old 08-16-22, 12:06 PM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 438 Posts
Glad you fixed your issue. Creaking sounds are the worst IMO. They can make you go mad

I always put grease on metal to metal contacts (including my saddle rails) and carbon paste on carbon to carbon or metal to carbon contacts (between saddle post and seat tube). It helps.
Old 08-16-22, 11:02 PM
Symox

Bikes: '23 Poseidon Redwood, '07 Specialized Roubaix Comp Triple, '12 Gravity Fixie, '21 Liv Rove 4, '06? Giant EB Spirit

Originally Posted by eduskator
Glad you fixed your issue. Creaking sounds are the worst IMO. They can make you go mad

I always put grease on metal to metal contacts (including my saddle rails) and carbon paste on carbon to carbon or metal to carbon contacts (between saddle post and seat tube). It helps.
That's a good idea regarding grease. I'll use that next when the silicone wears away
Old 08-19-22, 01:13 AM
Symox

Grease works better

The silicone lubricant seems to have worn out. Grease seems to do much better. Very small amount
Old 08-19-22, 05:59 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by Symox
The silicone lubricant seems to have worn out. Grease seems to do much better. Very small amount
It's too thin for sure.