Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

2020 SuperSix EVO Seatpost Creak

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

2020 SuperSix EVO Seatpost Creak

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-21, 06:10 AM
gifgof

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You should check everything, I have caad12 rim brake version that creaking like hell, the sound came from bottom bracket, I tried to reinstall the BB many times but the problem is not solved, then I discover that my rear skewer is not tight enough, the creaking sound travel inside the tube and amplified that it looks like from BB, you should check every thing, even bottle cage
Old 05-25-22, 04:09 PM
Mork44

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Has anyone solved this issue permanently? If so what did you do
Old 07-06-22, 05:26 PM
markabey

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mork44
Has anyone solved this issue permanently? If so what did you do
I solved it on a supersix hi mod 2020 which I bought second hand.

The problem was that when I tighted the bolt, the frame would creak, and if it was looser the seat post would slip. The seat post was very smooth and with slippage marks, implying that the seller had a similar issue.

When I took the seat post clamp apart, the double sided tape on the nut had come off. I tried new tape and superglue with no luck. The earlier suggestion of using epoxy resin glue worked a charm. I epoxyed the little silver nut in place against the frame, using a spare long bolt I had of the same size to hold it in place, and put epoxy all around the edge of it too for good measure. Once it set, I could tighten the seat post clamp to 5 or 6nM torque without any creaking. Since then I've had no slippage and no creaking in the last 300km. I used grease and carbon paste on the clamp as the manual suggested, and also in the little ball joint between the bolt and the clamp.
I also found that pulling the seat post forward when tightening the bolt was most effective to get it to stick well and not slip later on.

I hope this helps others.
Old 10-05-23, 08:52 PM
trailgumby

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a SuperSix Evo HiMod Ultegra Disc MY2022, and the seatpost creaking issue surfaced this week after about 8,500km. It's loud enough to scare small children and set off the neighbourhood dogs. The seatpost is the zero-setback model from the smaller sized frames (better for my lower back) and is the D-shaped Kamm-tail aerofoil cross-section. I'm using Muc-off carbon paste, and white lithium grease in place of the NGLI-2 grease

When I pulled the seatpost and binder wedge out, I noticed it had a small piece of thin, teflon-like plastic card that looked like it might have been glued to the back of the binder wedge. It was cut pretty roughly, and one side of it was dry. The remains of the glue or grease were like clear jelly. I removed this last night and greased up the NGLI side of the wedge and the interior of the seat tube the wedge runs on, and this morning the creak was gone ... for about 5km.

When I bought the bike I got it out of Italy on runout as there were no models with the spec I wanted in Australia and I had been looking for over a year at that point (June 2022), so not sure what warranty support will look like.