Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

How often to take commute breaks?

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

How often to take commute breaks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-22, 12:58 AM
Sardines

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 48 Posts
Well, if you aren't used to the extra miles, it'll take some time for you to get accustomed to it. I would suggest you alternate days for 2-3 weeks, then add a day until you are comfy with the distance week in and out. It's like any other exercise program, the body needs to adapt. And you also need to rest!
Old 05-03-22, 06:06 AM
LonelyFromage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sardines
Well, if you aren't used to the extra miles, it'll take some time for you to get accustomed to it. I would suggest you alternate days for 2-3 weeks, then add a day until you are comfy with the distance week in and out. It's like any other exercise program, the body needs to adapt. And you also need to rest!
agreed!