Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hi all, great to be here

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi all, great to be here

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-23, 10:32 AM
lionkok

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Hi all, great to be here

Hi, thank you for having me I look forward to reading and sharing posts. I have always like bikes, my first was a dragster, a sort of bicycle chopper. Later when I moved to the Netherlands cycling became a way of life. I have had lots of them, but notable are those from Motobecane, Peugeot and Fahrrad Manufaktur. My daily rides are an old Bridgestone “city” bike and Trek 790 Multitrack. I will post photos when I can.

In the past I cycled from the Netherlands to China, although the plan was to go on to New Zealand through South East Asia. Unfortunately the trip was cut short by a run in with a car and a month in a Chinese hospital.
Likes For lionkok:
Old 05-16-23, 12:04 PM
1989Pre 
Standard Member

Bikes: 1948 P. Barnard & Son, 1962 Rudge Sports, 1963 Freddie Grubb Routier, 1980 Manufrance Hirondelle, 1983 F. Moser Sprint, 1989 Raleigh Technium Pre, 2001 Raleigh M80

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1294 Post(s)
Liked 934 Times in 486 Posts
Hello and welcome to our humble Bike Forums!
Old 05-17-23, 09:34 AM
Maxey

Bikes: 2022 Ibis Ripmo AF, 2022 Cannondale Synapse, 2022 Ritchey Outback, 197(?) Manufrance Touring

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 150 Times in 75 Posts
Welcome!
Old 05-17-23, 10:59 AM
Kalas

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
You made it all the way from the Netherlands to China on a bike?!?! Congrats, that's a hell of a bike trip!
Old 05-18-23, 07:25 AM
KasjuszMag

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hello
Old 05-18-23, 03:53 PM
Jason Lim

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lionkok
Hi, thank you for having me I look forward to reading and sharing posts. I have always like bikes, my first was a dragster, a sort of bicycle chopper. Later when I moved to the Netherlands cycling became a way of life. I have had lots of them, but notable are those from Motobecane, Peugeot and Fahrrad Manufaktur. My daily rides are an old Bridgestone “city” bike and Trek 790 Multitrack. I will post photos when I can.

In the past I cycled from the Netherlands to China, although the plan was to go on to New Zealand through South East Asia. Unfortunately the trip was cut short by a run in with a car and a month in a Chinese hospital.
What was the exact distance of such an endeavour?
Old 05-19-23, 02:16 AM
lionkok

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
In total, we estimated 13000km. Our route went, Netherlands, Germany, Ukraine - then ferry from Odessa to Istanbul, then through Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, back into India to the border with Myanmar. Back then they have a fly in fly out, for which we had a visa, but we wanted to cross by land. We offered a couple of packets of biscuits, by would not let us in, so we back tracked and flew to Hong Kong - from there we were planning China, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand. But we got hit by a car in China, 4 days south of HK.