Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Brompton P line

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Brompton P line

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-22, 12:00 PM
Pahana

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Brompton P line

I see that the P line is out in the US and they are flying out as soon as they come in. This is probably too early to post this but I'd like to hear some reviews from New owners. I have a 2 speed superlight and would like to hear some feedback to help me make a decision about upgrading to the new P line. Thanks.
Old 08-08-22, 02:40 PM
Bikerdrummer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 23 Posts
I’ve had my P line for a couple months. Put a few hundred miles on it so far.
I live in the NYC area and also have a mountain and road bike. This is my first Brompton.

I love the Brompton for simple local rides, go to a store, a friend house, pick up dinner, and can ride it to work and fold up under my desk. It has a nice ride and the 4 gears are enough 3-4% incline bridges and slight downhills without too much ghost pedaling. I have it stock but if I were to ride it more than 4-5 miles at a time, I’d probably upgrade the saddle and handles for something more comfortable. For now it’s fine.

Recently it fit in my cars back seat perfectly so when I had to drop off the car at a mechanic to get fixed I was able to ride the Brompton home and back the next day which was great.

For 20 mile rides I use my road bike and for rides where I can’t bring it inside, like a concert venue I’ll use my rusty old mountain bike and lock up outside.

I haven’t compared to other Brompton but for what I use it for it’s been great. I know some riders want to do 20 plus miles rides on their Brompton but I feel like for me it’s better for short rides. Hitting a pot hole or going over train tracks on the 16” wheels is fine here and there but 20 miles of it would not be ideal.
Old 08-10-22, 09:10 AM
bee-man

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
I too would be interested in hearing more feedback from P line users, especially those coming from a 6 speed. I am pretty much obssessed with the P line and often fantasize about how it would make my commute so much easier since I have to carry my S6L roughly 100 yards (one way) in my daily commute. However, from past experience, I know that the grass is not always greener. I would hate to spend all that $$$ only to find out that my S6L did things better, biggest difference being the 4 speed drivetrain as mentioned here.
Old 08-19-22, 06:46 PM
bee-man

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mother fudger, the price increased about $200. I was already scraping the price ceiling with my fingertips, but for some reason, seeing the price start with the number 3 just puts it in the category for me. At least before I could tell the wife, "it's just a little under two thousand."

Last edited by bee-man; 08-19-22 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-19-22, 09:50 PM
Bikerdrummer

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by bee-man
Mother fudger, the price increased about $200. I was already scraping the price ceiling with my fingertips, but for some reason, seeing the price start with the number 3 just puts it in the category for me. At least before I could tell the wife, "it's just a little under two thousand."
wow, yea, just looked. Seems like the price went UP.
Still may be worth it tho!…