Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Rack for Specialized Tero 3.0

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-22, 12:17 PM
manuelgama

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

I'm Manuel, i'm writting from Portugal, and i really need your help.
I was awarded on my office draw with a Specialized Turbo Tero 3.0..

Bike was already my daily transportation but i'm now facing an issue. This bike doesnt come with a rack, and i take my kid to school by bike. And the rack from specialized costs 300usd, what i dont understand. Thule racks cost around 50usd, the same for CUBE, klickfix etc. But specialized rack costs 300usd (seems it has lights and other stuff i dont need, i just want to fix kids sit).

Seems the issue is related with some screws that Specialized has in a different position than other brands.

Can anyone help me? Does anyone know a rack that could work?

Regards,

Manuel
Old 07-08-22, 05:36 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4353 Post(s)
Liked 3,993 Times in 2,665 Posts
If you are using it as daily transportation having a rack with built in lights that are connected to your battery are quite handy. If you are trying to carry kids make sure you have a rack that can handle carrying kids not just weight wise but also is designed to be able to carry kids. There are a good number of racks that say don't do it.

The Tero is a hardtail mountain bike so not really a bike designed for a rack out of the box but having a solution designed around the bike that also has integrated lights and is compatible with a popular bag system like MIK (which uses the same bolt pattern as Racktime stuff so you can interchange bags with the proper bottom plate), is quite great.

Just FYI the Thule Tour rack is $139.99 and is not designed to carry kids and is forbidden in their instruction manual has a 25lb weight limit at the rear which would eliminate carrying kids anyway with such a low weight carrying capacity.