Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

a good find!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-22, 06:32 PM
mr carter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
a good find!

hello, i joined this morning. i just scored a jc higgins sears roebuck & co woman's bike last night. i learned what i could online with google but i could not find a serial number on the underside of the crank case to identify it. can someone tell me if there is another way to determine the manufacture year and maybe answer some other questions?
Likes For mr carter:
Old 07-18-22, 05:24 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked 3,738 Times in 1,836 Posts
Pictures of the bike will help people here, help you identify the bike. Detailed pictures of bike and components, any labels or visible numbers. Usually if you provide good photos your bike will get identified here.
Old 07-21-22, 08:59 AM
mr carter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Pictures

I'm a new member and can't post pictures until I have 10 posts! Thank you for your interest as I get thru these first ten!
Old 07-21-22, 11:31 AM
Clang

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 2,255 Times in 1,311 Posts
Originally Posted by mr carter
I'm a new member and can't post pictures until I have 10 posts! Thank you for your interest as I get thru these first ten!
Try creating an album on your user profile. Then someone with posting privileges can visit and post the pics for you.
Old 07-21-22, 01:12 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Happy to see you so enthusiastic about the bike. Oftentimes there are components which have date codes on them and those can help to narrow down the year.