Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Paying it Forward -- Free Clyde Jerseys!

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Paying it Forward -- Free Clyde Jerseys!

Old 08-01-12, 12:58 AM
JakiChan

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adrien
All -- my jerseys are gone now; but do check back to see if others do giveaways.
Adrien, I got back from my trip today and the jerseys were waiting for me, thank you so much!

Honestly, for me it was mostly volume of food. Exercise matters as does muscle tone (especially core), but the key was keeping it to 2500 or preferably 2000 calories a day. I lost steadily for over a year, and then stabilized at a good weight (205).
That's pretty much it. I've lost the weight I've lost (225lb so far) by counting calories. I participated in a medically supervised program that had me in a range of about 800 - 1200 calories a day. However, a calorie level that low is only safe with medical supervision. These days it's about 1500cal a day or so, but that may be why I'm stuck because with my newfound love of the bike I'm burning a lot more calories. I used to do about 2500 - 3000cal/week of exercise (estimated), but now it's a bit more. I may be deficiting too much. Also, after losing this much it's natural for things to slow down. I'm sure this last 25 will be hardest.
Old 08-01-12, 02:12 PM
Suprdav95

Bikes: 2013 Giant Defy 2

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimcander
I have a pair of lightly used Specialized bike shorts. Squeaky clean! Move from shorts to bib and will be passing the shorts along as I get the bib's. They are XXL's.

PM me!
I can't PM yet, but I'd love your Specialized shorts if they're still available. PM me if you can. Thanks.
Old 08-01-12, 05:52 PM
jimcander

Bikes: Specialized Allez

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprdav95
I can't PM yet, but I'd love your Specialized shorts if they're still available. PM me if you can. Thanks.
That pair of shorts is spoken for times two right now.... as soon as I get another pair of bib's I'll move to you!
Old 08-02-12, 05:40 PM
phread59

Bikes: Old Fuji road,Cirrus Sport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Adrien publicly. Mine have arrived and are well. Adrien PM me with an address and I'll send you the postage back. Wonderful thing you started.

Mark Shuman
Old 08-03-12, 09:58 AM
vesteroid
Climbers Apprentice

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Guys i have some virtually new...maybe worn 3-5 times aeroteck xl jerseys in both long and short sleeve.

I think i have red and yellow in short and red (i think not at home right now) in long.

These are in a tall however.

I just like a tighter fitting jersey. Even when i was 240 they didnt fit tight and now at 216 they really dont.

I am 6'5" and they were plenty long...if you are less than 6'2" i suspect these will be too long...of course if you are on the bigger side (i would guess if you are tall you could wear these up to 260

My guess from a coat size would be 44-46

You can have them if you just pay me the post office rate for a priority mail box

Pm me if you want them
Old 08-03-12, 03:57 PM
redeyedtreefr0g
Mrs. Hop-along

Bikes: Ladies Schwinn Super Sport and Gateway

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PM sent to vesteroid
Old 08-04-12, 04:00 PM
adrien

Bikes: Firefly custom Road, Ira Ryan custom road bike, Ira Ryan custom fixed gear

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phread59
Thanks Adrien publicly. Mine have arrived and are well. Adrien PM me with an address and I'll send you the postage back. Wonderful thing you started.

Mark Shuman
Wow, Mark, that's awfully kind of you. You are quite welcome. PLease keep the postage to pass them on when they are too big for you!
Old 08-08-12, 12:24 AM
RocketRod

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Being an avowed comfort cruiser kind of guy (at least for now ) I can't imagine myself needing any of the above offered kit anytime soon...well, anytime at all, really. But for the folks who are putting this stuff up and trying to keep it going, I say, "Good on Ya!" It does my heart good to see such generousity on display with no thought of reward.

Old 08-26-12, 05:09 PM
brando090

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vesteroid
Guys i have some virtually new...maybe worn 3-5 times aeroteck xl jerseys in both long and short sleeve.

I think i have red and yellow in short and red (i think not at home right now) in long.

I just like a tighter fitting jersey. Even when i was 240 they didnt fit tight and now at 216 they really dont.

I am 6'5" and they were plenty long...if you are less than 6'2" i suspect these will be too long...of course if you are on the bigger side (i would guess if you are tall you could wear these up to 260

You can have them if you just pay me the post office rate for a priority mail box

Pm me if you want them
I tried to PM you vesteroid, but i cant. Id be interested in a jersey as im pretty new, and just finally acquiring a cycling bike tomorrow. Please email me at brandon15926@gmail.com
Old 09-04-12, 08:28 PM
coney46

Bikes: 10 yo Giant mountain Bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pm me if you want them
I too cannot yet a pm, but I would so appreciate a yellow short sleeve. Please email meat mcohen@glorianilson.com

Thanks,
Coney
Old 09-04-12, 09:01 PM
vesteroid
Climbers Apprentice

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coney46
I too cannot yet a pm, but I would so appreciate a yellow short sleeve. Please email meat mcohen@glorianilson.com

Thanks,
Coney

Sorry guys these have been gone for a while..
Old 09-05-12, 09:09 AM
coney46

Bikes: 10 yo Giant mountain Bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry guys these have been gone for a while..
I understand. It was worth a shot, but thanks for your kindness anyway.
Old 10-11-12, 12:16 PM
Daspydyr 
Pedals, Paddles and Poles

Bikes: Santa Cruz Tallboy, Ridley Noah, Scott Spark 20

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1233 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 58 Posts
Awesome act of generosity. I need to loose weight and join the crew. Congrats.

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.
Old 10-16-12, 05:10 PM
scottspeedster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
(mods -- this was ok'd by Tom via PM)

I am still a clyde, though now in the low 200s (201.4 this morning) after years in the 240s. I have purged the closet and have several used jerseys that I no longer, um, fill.

Free to forum clydes (via pm, please) are the following, lightly used and clean
- 4 performance / nashbar XL jerseys
- one long sleeved winter jersey
- one event jersey

All fit me quite well when I had a 39-40 waist. I am 6'3.

And finally, thanks to all in the community here.
That's pretty a cool gesture.
Old 11-30-12, 03:42 PM
99Klein 

Bikes: 99 Klein Quantum, 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 5, Specialized Tarmac Comp, Foundry Thresher, Fuji Sportif

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nice gesture!
Old 12-15-12, 04:48 PM
tmeisky

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker 700c w/ Tiagra Conversion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a literally brand new pair if Giro Treble shoes in size 47. They are 100% free to the first taker. I bought them and then was generously gifted the shoes I really wanted but couldn't afford at the time. I don't post much but have gained an unreal amount of information and motivation from you folks. This is the least I could do. Lets get these gone!
Old 12-20-12, 01:01 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by tmeisky
I have a literally brand new pair if Giro Treble shoes in size 47. They are 100% free to the first taker. I bought them and then was generously gifted the shoes I really wanted but couldn't afford at the time. I don't post much but have gained an unreal amount of information and motivation from you folks. This is the least I could do. Lets get these gone!
Are these still available? If so, you won't have to ship them since I'm less than ten miles away.

Old 12-20-12, 07:21 AM
Astrozombie

Bikes: Diamondback Insight, Motobecane Mirage

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Anything left?
Old 12-20-12, 07:52 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Neil_B
Are these still available? If so, you won't have to ship them since I'm less than ten miles away.
Shoes now taken.

Old 12-21-12, 05:29 PM
no1mad 
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Just a reminder, folks. The intent of this thread is for people who are kind enough to give away items that they no longer need, want, or a have a use for. The thread's intent is NOT for a general "hi, I'm new here- here's my size(s), so what will you give me?" queries.

When an item becomes available and you are interested in it, be sure to quote the relevant post to avoid confusion as to exactly what you are interested in.
Old 12-27-12, 04:37 PM
adrien

Bikes: Firefly custom Road, Ira Ryan custom road bike, Ira Ryan custom fixed gear

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice to see others running with this...

I have two jackets I'll happily send off.

One is a Gore, dove grey, with zip-out sleeves. 3 years old, two full winter seasons. Good 30 to 55 degrees.

The other is a Giordana silver line, orange, about 5 years old; also two full seasons. Good 25 to 50 degrees.

Both fit me well when I was 240-250, with a 17.5 neck and 36.5 sleeves.

PM me, please. I'm pleased to report that all my bike gear is now team fit...
Old 12-28-12, 09:47 PM
xbenedict

Bikes: 2013 Trex 7.2FX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One is a Gore, dove grey, with zip-out sleeves. 3 years old, two full winter seasons. Good 30 to 55 degrees.

The other is a Giordana silver line, orange, about 5 years old; also two full seasons. Good 25 to 50 degrees.

I'm in the market for a jacket, and I've been to my LBS and a couple of local sporting good stores, and I'm having difficulty with sizing.

According to your post, you were around the same weight as I when you were wearing them.

I tend to carry most of my weight in the middle.

What size did you wind up getting? I noticed the Gore I tried on were really form-fitting.

I'm right between 5' 11" and 6' even, and I am between 245-255, depending on the scale.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-29-12, 07:35 AM
adrien

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xbenedict
I'm in the market for a jacket, and I've been to my LBS and a couple of local sporting good stores, and I'm having difficulty with sizing.

According to your post, you were around the same weight as I when you were wearing them.

I tend to carry most of my weight in the middle.

What size did you wind up getting? I noticed the Gore I tried on were really form-fitting.

I'm right between 5' 11" and 6' even, and I am between 245-255, depending on the scale.

Thanks for your help.
The gore was form-fitting 35 pounds ago. Giordana is similar; both XL. You want to look for something with a looser cut -- the opposite of team cut. I think Specialized and Pearl Isumi both make larger cut jackets.
Old 12-29-12, 02:04 PM
smcclain65
I fall Down Mountains

Bikes: 2010 Trek 4300 MTB, 2010 Trek 1.5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love where this thread is going and its always nice to see other clydes helping out. I hate to be that guy aforementioned above but I could use one of the cycling jackets if you still have them. Either one would be fine.
Old 12-29-12, 05:03 PM
adrien

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jackets now spoken for -- 10 wheels and black walnut. SMCclain I'll keep you in mind if either falls through.

Be safe all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.