Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Polygon Strattos S7 Disc?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 10-10-22, 05:40 PM
ozzyski

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Hey guys, I came across the polygon strattos s7 disc for 2099$. Carbon frame 105 drivetrain. Does anyone know anything about these bikes?
Question also about sizing, I had a canyon endurace in a medium, felt a tad big. I had a trek emonda in 54, felt pretty good. Sorry if noob question, but can i get a size recommendation? I do not know anything about geometry, sizing and fitting. Im 6'0 for reference. I prefer a more upright comfort position. Thanks in advance for any help
Old 10-10-22, 06:38 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7628 Post(s)
Liked 3,453 Times in 1,823 Posts
As for sizing ... you are out of luck. Everyone is different in proportion, preference, strength, and flexibility. If you own a bike and ride, you know basically what fits. If you don't, test-ride a ton of bikes, then look up the geometry charts. You might not know what they mean but you can compare like values and see what the value was on the bikes that you liked and didn't like.

I went here (https://www.bikesonline.com/2022-pol...o-ultegra-carb) and the have a fit calculator. that actually asks you to measure your inseam, arm etc. Anther good idea is https://www.competitivecyclist.com/S...ulatorBike.jsp the competitive cycling measurement system. But in all cases, you are taking a mostly blind leap.

Here is the S7D https://www.polygonbikes.com/strattos-s7d/

One issue I see right away is that it has a cable-concealed aero stem, so adjustment vertically might be minimal. The riding position looks sort of racy based on seat-bar drop and length of stem. I don't see any stem options---you are pretty much stuck. Not sure if they offer spacers and different stem lengths. Possibly you could talk the manufacturer into building a bike with a different length stem:
(Handlestem-----ENTITY XPERT ALLOY, EXT: 90mm (XXS, XS, S) / 100mm (M, L) / 110mm (XL, XXL), BB: 31.8mm, R/D: 10degree) but that wouldn't help with height.

If you are willing to drop $2100 on a bike you have never ridden, then you are.

Personally, I understand geometry charts pretty well, and have drawn up schematics of frames with a stick figure of myself riding, based on actual physical measurements and my riding position on other bikes I like. This has allowed me to buy bikes online which fit ... but some stuff, like the slight toe overlap on my Fuji, I couldn't predict from my drawings. If you don't know what fits and what the numbers mean, you are straight up gambling. Sometimes gamblers win.