Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Help with Motobecane ID

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Help with Motobecane ID

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-23, 01:44 PM
haw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help with Motobecane ID

I need to sell my very old Motobecane road bike, and I would like to pin down its year and/or any other relevant details that might help me determine its value. I'm unable to post photos on here because I'm new to the forum, but the serial number is 4181451, with 018 stamped just below that. Can anyone help me decipher that or direct me to resources that might help? I'm happy to provide any additional details upon request.
Old 03-21-23, 03:35 PM
jolly_codger

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 150 Times in 66 Posts
Post your question in the Classic & Vintage forum for best results. Before doing that though, create a photo album with lots of pictures of your bike so others can see what you have. Good luck on your quest!
Likes For jolly_codger:
Old 03-23-23, 04:22 AM
haw

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jolly_codger
Post your question in the Classic & Vintage forum for best results. Before doing that though, create a photo album with lots of pictures of your bike so others can see what you have. Good luck on your quest!
Thank you, jolly_codger!