Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Tour de Suisse starts Sunday morning

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Tour de Suisse starts Sunday morning

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-21, 03:19 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked 3,113 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by OBoile
He won a bunch of races in the spring. What issues are you referring to?
not winning every race/stage/stage race he's entered in. perhaps that clarifies. perhaps not.
it was a...how you say...joke? just like the tour de suisse dubble dip in post #14 nod to greatness...o

Last edited by diphthong; 06-09-21 at 03:48 AM.
Likes For diphthong:
Old 06-09-21, 04:15 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 592 Times in 453 Posts
^ it will be even funnier after he lands the triple today. Tip your waitress.
Likes For slcbob:
Old 06-09-21, 07:41 AM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
not winning every race/stage/stage race he's entered in. perhaps that clarifies. perhaps not.
it was a...how you say...joke? just like the tour de suisse dubble dip in post #14 nod to greatness...o
My bad on missing the joke.
Old 06-09-21, 08:35 AM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 204 Posts
A rare case where I'm wildly disappointed that the break is going to win the stage.
Old 06-09-21, 10:04 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4930 Post(s)
Liked 8,062 Times in 3,811 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
^ it will be even funnier after he lands the triple today. Tip your waitress.
Or not...
Old 06-09-21, 11:34 AM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by OBoile
A rare case where I'm wildly disappointed that the break is going to win the stage.
I was pretty disappointed the stars didn't align for Joey Rosskopf. Oh well still a good result of many.
Old 06-09-21, 12:02 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Originally Posted by Eric F
Or not...
There's ALWAYS that possibility. One tiny sniffle for my horrible prediction, one big guffaw laughing all the way to the Bisseger bank of Velopoints.

Hope to see here for the Tour, Eric F . There will be more bad predictions then! www.velogames.com
Old 06-09-21, 12:47 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

I'm kind of a big deal

Here I am feeling pretty darn smug. Still managing to float along in the top 3% of the general population, surrounded by rich mahogany and leather bound books, and pacing at 2 x ooga-booga. That will make the inevitable plummet and splat even bigger, but for now:

No idea who will win tomorrow. I don't think it will be MVDP. Though he owes me one. Longshot: Hirschi & Cosnefroy in a breakaway. And brought back by the GC bunch.
Old 06-10-21, 11:12 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Here I am feeling pretty darn smug. Still managing to float along in the top 3% of the general population, surrounded by rich mahogany and leather bound books, and pacing at 2 x ooga-booga. That will make the inevitable plummet and splat even bigger, but for now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzx8KHjQD6c

No idea who will win tomorrow. I don't think it will be MVDP. Though he owes me one. Longshot: Hirschi & Cosnefroy in a breakaway. And brought back by the GC bunch.
you are slaying it.
Old 06-10-21, 11:26 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

I notice the back half of the league is all packing Carapaz. With his ascendancy, we may be in for a changing of the guard in the Veloland standings. Also, at some point, I'm probably going to have a powerful penalty-worthy thirst just like Juju.

Quite the statement from Carapaz today. In other news, Pogacar is all present and accounted for in Slovenia, Roglic is still MIA, and little Remco is picking himself up and dusting himself off in Belgium.

Not long for le Tour. I'll get out of dstrong's way and get comfy in the autobus.
Old 06-10-21, 07:44 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Maybe stage 6 is when my prediction for Hirschi & Cosnefroy in the break comes through, and they make it stick. ooga-booga and I didn't pick you guys, respectively, for nothing. Hear that?

Hilarious commentary here:
Marc Soler – sprinted for the bonus seconds, then blew very early on today’s climb. You could say that sums him up perfectly. He could win this stage; he could finish last.
Though I'm only catching a bit of the race, I'm enjoying the London proxy c/o Strong VPN's nifty Chrome plugin and GCN coverage. How are the commercials on Flo's $150 service?
Old 06-11-21, 01:22 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Maybe stage 6 is when my prediction for Hirschi & Cosnefroy in the break comes through, and they make it stick. ooga-booga and I didn't pick you guys, respectively, for nothing. Hear that?

Hilarious commentary here:

Though I'm only catching a bit of the race, I'm enjoying the London proxy c/o Strong VPN's nifty Chrome plugin and GCN coverage. How are the commercials on Flo's $150 service?
gawd...subscribed to gcn for the giro and potentially beyond but have watched a grand total of two hours since the giro start. my priorities reprioritized themselves and cycling/professional cycling are very very low on the totem pole lately and unlikely to be higher up until july. here’s hoping for a rocking july.
Old 06-11-21, 06:34 AM
Snotrub

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Carbon Flash 2; 2017 Cannondale CAADX 105; 2021 Trek Domane SL6; 2021 Trek Top Fuel 9.7

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 42 Posts
gawd...subscribed to gcn for the giro and potentially beyond but have watched a grand total of two hours since the giro start. my priorities reprioritized themselves and cycling/professional cycling are very very low on the totem pole lately and unlikely to be higher up until july. here’s hoping for a rocking july.
Don't forget that the le Tour starts one week earlier than normal because of the Olympics. June 26 is stage 1.
Old 06-11-21, 09:18 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

This is the most live feed I've seen all week. So of course this is the day when my VPN-enabled faux UK broadcast of Stage 6 on GCN has only ambient audio.

My inability to hear commentary is matched by my inability to predict what is going to go on. Which bodes poorly for Lazarus Dennis in tomorrow's TT.
Old 06-11-21, 05:04 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
One thing that sucks about the FloSports Android app is that live streams have no seek capability. Since I'm on PDT, if I wake up even slightly late I end up having to wait until they put up the full replay or else I'll tune in with a good chance of seeing the podium or post-stage interview.
Old 06-12-21, 02:27 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

stage seven mtn tt...going with that world champ guy alaphilippe but would love to see hirschi take it.
Old 06-12-21, 08:26 PM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 471 Posts
​​​

Yeah Rigo Yeah!! Ridiculously fast on the decent! Good luck on the Gotthardpass!
Old 06-13-21, 03:15 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Stage 8 - not Ahlaphilippe. He screwed that up 9 months ago.

I'm counting on some Benoot points to keep ahead of one4smoke and his end of tour points.

Maybe we'll see another debutante win from Rally cycling. For the GC, kudos to Uran for making it interesting with a great TT. The dark blue train is still running 17 seconds ahead of schedule and it will be extraordinary if he catches it.
Old 06-13-21, 05:34 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Entertaining last stage. None of us did particularly well, but I hope all of us had fun even if it was a little quiet here. Not long to Le Tour. A few new riders to watch coming out of this for me.

I came in DFL on end of tour points but was far enough ahead that I could crawl over the finish line slightly before being pipped by one4smoke in our little league. 2nd quartile overall, so cream of the crap. It's stunning how much the spread in our league tightened up in the last few days.
Likes For slcbob:
Old 06-14-21, 03:46 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Originally Posted by Snotrub
Don't forget that the le Tour starts one week earlier than normal because of the Olympics. June 26 is stage 1.
thankyousoverymuchforunnecessarilyundexponentiallyrampingupmyanxietylevel(s). butterandserve.
Old 06-14-21, 03:48 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Entertaining last stage. None of us did particularly well, but I hope all of us had fun even if it was a little quiet here. Not long to Le Tour. A few new riders to watch coming out of this for me.

I came in DFL on end of tour points but was far enough ahead that I could crawl over the finish line slightly before being pipped by one4smoke in our little league. 2nd quartile overall, so cream of the crap. It's stunning how much the spread in our league tightened up in the last few days.
ditto. i'll forget them all within a day but yah, they'll sound familiar after finishing in the relegated/second league again.

uran...stage seven...wth??? so awesome.

my apologies for being interneutered lately. bizzeer than preferred in the last mo or so. fewer horrible predictions tho. always seek the win-win.

Last edited by diphthong; 06-14-21 at 04:09 AM.
Likes For diphthong:
Old 06-14-21, 03:56 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

see y'all for the tour. gotta defend two wins in two separate games from last year. will attempt to run both games for the tdf again. if we get more than ten (haha, unlikely)
participants in the velogames vehicle, will try to create another league-bike forums deux (may need an assist or alternate e-mail)-and hybridize results along the way to ghey paris.

solid job by slcbobke snatching the overall tour de suisse trophy. building quite the palmares in the weeklong affairs. richie/miggylo go.

Last edited by diphthong; 06-14-21 at 04:05 AM.
Old 06-14-21, 09:15 AM
Snotrub

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Carbon Flash 2; 2017 Cannondale CAADX 105; 2021 Trek Domane SL6; 2021 Trek Top Fuel 9.7

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 42 Posts
thankyousoverymuchforunnecessarilyundexponentiallyrampingupmyanxietylevel(s). butterandserve.
You're welcome.