Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Consultation on price of fixie bike Francesco Moser

Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Old 09-13-21, 06:29 PM
veloc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone.
I hope that they find it very well. Thank you all for the good advice I found here. Encourage me to create an account. I have a Miyata Lemans on the road, with its original components, I just bought it, I am very happy. But in the local market a fixie Francesco Moser appeared at 500 USD. It is a beautiful bike, it gives me the opportunity to have a fixie for the first time. It is a good price? Should I buy it? or should I invest in improving the miyata Lemans. The excitement wins me ... I need feet on the ground.

The components of the bicycle are as follows:

- columbus steel matching frame size (53 high / 54 long)
-catalina campagnolo
- gipiemme track cranks, I suggest bolts
-Sr pedals
-sugino seat post
-seat Concor san marco supercorsa
-power and rudder 3ttt competizione
-front ring back corsa stylus
- thickslick back cover
-pair of NISi hoops with Ofmega masses

drive.google.com/file/d/1tbb9-GL-yRSl0HSUgagmTThmSOkyH_xG/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/1CR3MkA4Cr0292Kyw7aX3wyW9I2mpnTeR/view?usp=sharing
Old 09-13-21, 08:24 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4493 Post(s)
Liked 6,297 Times in 3,632 Posts
Originally Posted by veloc
Hi everyone.
I hope that they find it very well. Thank you all for the good advice I found here. Encourage me to create an account. I have a Miyata Lemans on the road, with its original components, I just bought it, I am very happy. But in the local market a fixie Francesco Moser appeared at 500 USD. It is a beautiful bike, it gives me the opportunity to have a fixie for the first time. It is a good price? Should I buy it? or should I invest in improving the miyata Lemans. The excitement wins me ... I need feet on the ground.

The components of the bicycle are as follows:

- columbus steel matching frame size (53 high / 54 long)
-catalina campagnolo
- gipiemme track cranks, I suggest bolts
-Sr pedals
-sugino seat post
-seat Concor san marco supercorsa
-power and rudder 3ttt competizione
-front ring back corsa stylus
- thickslick back cover
-pair of NISi hoops with Ofmega masses

drive.google.com/file/d/1tbb9-GL-yRSl0HSUgagmTThmSOkyH_xG/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/1CR3MkA4Cr0292Kyw7aX3wyW9I2mpnTeR/view?usp=sharing
Welcome aboard, glad you found us.

You may be in the right place but the Moser is not a "fixie", it is a pretty nice, very cool track bike and while I would encourage you or anybody else to buy it, I would also implore you not to ride it as a rider or "fixie".

You can buy a "fixie" or build one for little $$$ that would be far better suited to regular use, the Moser is the real deal and not a rider per se unless you have a very good understanding of the difference IMO.
Likes For merziac:
Old 09-13-21, 09:23 PM
P!N20

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked 1,881 Times in 924 Posts
This is a fixie:

This is a track bike:

Likes For P!N20:
Old 09-14-21, 04:39 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3059 Post(s)
Liked 6,377 Times in 3,690 Posts
Thread moved from C&V to C&V Appraisals.

Old 09-14-21, 06:05 AM
daverup 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 396 Posts
OP pic of track bike,

Old 09-14-21, 06:13 AM
veloc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac
Welcome aboard, glad you found us.

You may be in the right place but the Moser is not a "fixie", it is a pretty nice, very cool track bike and while I would encourage you or anybody else to buy it, I would also implore you not to ride it as a rider or "fixie".

You can buy a "fixie" or build one for little $$$ that would be far better suited to regular use, the Moser is the real deal and not a rider per se unless you have a very good understanding of the difference IMO.
Thanks for you reply. No, I only use for travel in the road or City.

Last edited by veloc; 09-14-21 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-14-21, 07:05 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 652 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4719 Post(s)
Liked 3,034 Times in 1,874 Posts
It's hard to compare the Moser to a Miyata model that wasn't available in the North America, where most members are located. I've seen some Japanese market Lemans but they might not be the same as those in South America. I also have no appreciation for the used bicycle market in your locale and can't say if the Moser price is good or not.
Old 09-16-21, 09:05 PM
microcord

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 52 Posts
Originally Posted by veloc
I have a Miyata Lemans on the road, with its original components, I just bought it, I am very happy. [...] or should I invest in improving the miyata Lemans.
For several years, Miyata gave the name "Le Mans" -- or as they wrote it, "LeMANS" -- to anything from touring bikes to criterium bikes. What have you got, what improvement would you want to make, and for what purpose?

There are people who swear by their fixies, but I've never actually met any of them. I do know several cyclists, much stronger than me, who celebrated their purchase of fixies (or brake-installed track bikes, or whatever), but thereafter hardly rode them and let them gather cobwebs or quietly sold them on.

Last edited by microcord; 09-17-21 at 01:31 AM.