Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

E-bike with Trailer

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

E-bike with Trailer

Old 08-09-20, 11:43 AM
chaapa 

Bikes: Helkama Saana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
E-bike with Trailer

I live in Finland and have an allotment garden with a cottage across town. It's about a 14 km trip one way from my house and I don't own a car. I have been using public transportation until now but am getting impatient with it and find it inconvenient for carrying all the stuff I need and also taking a dog with me. It seems that an e-bike with a trailer would be the perfect solution. I have been researching e-bikes and have decided on a city bike with a low step-through.It has a detachable 500 W battery and a 250W motor. It seems that there are a few trailers for sale online that are stated to be made for dogs. My question to all of you is. Do you have experience with using a trailer with your bike? What should I be aware of before invest in this? Did you try transporting a dog? How did it go? Have you used a trailer to haul stuff (using it instead of a car). Did you have trouble attaching the trailer to the bike? What was your experience- good or bad?
Old 08-09-20, 02:42 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
I'd be more concerned about how the dog will like it. See if you can borrow one before you buy. My dog was very clear she was NOT having it. Once I knew that, I got a different kind of trailer, more suitable for my uses (Burley Travoy) but not for dogs.
Likes For linberl:
Old 08-09-20, 02:55 PM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
Not an eBike in this picture, but the dog has no issues with the trailer.
Likes For Robert C: