Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Crankset for S-Works Langster

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Crankset for S-Works Langster

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-23, 08:01 PM
merlin3008

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Track Crankset for S-Works Langster

All,

I'm fitting out a Specialized S-Works Langster for my daughter to race on the track. Anyone have any suggestions for a bb and crank setup that will have a pretty low q-factor? Generally not a big deal for me, but she is really small and anything to keep her feet closer is important.

Thanks!
Likes For merlin3008:
Old 01-06-23, 12:03 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
That is rad. Go your daughter assuming she is not racing with the daughter of my favorite local grocery store checkout person who also has a track riding daughter. I love my Sugino 75 DD cranks personally, I am unsure of q-factor but they are good reliable cranks and use a Shimano standard 24mm BB spindle meaning a ton of external bbs will work and if she is racing and needs parts most any shop will have a Shimano compatible external B.B. in English thread.

Here is my Langster Rio edition which I use on the road hence brakes and suspension post:
https://www.pedalroom.com/bike/speci...ot-stock-41417
It may help slightly probably not but you can see the crank.
Old 01-06-23, 06:32 AM
IAmSam

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 136 Posts
In the the Racer's Forum there is a Juniors Racing and a Track Cycling sub-forum

You are a good dad...
Old 01-06-23, 07:45 AM
merlin3008

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks all. I'll post in the track forum too.
Old 01-09-23, 07:20 PM
Bianchi pc
Quixote

Bikes: Bianchi Pista Concept 05, Level 2014

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 60 Posts
My Dura Ace 7710 cranks have a noticeably narrower stance width then my Sugino 75s but it looks like the Direct Drives are even narrower.