Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Lights for Trike Flag Poles

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-22, 08:36 PM
jays35

Bikes: 3 - Bianchis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Sorry if this has been discussed. Any one recommend lights to attach to a fiberglass flag pole?

Thanks in advance!

Dave
Old 10-07-22, 09:18 PM
bikebikebike

Bikes: Downtube IX NS&FS, Dahon Speed8Pro/Matrix/Curve, Brom S2L,Montague Para, ICE-XL w/Rollie/Schlumpf, Trident Spike, ebikes, BFSatRDay

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 81 Posts
Get some Ebay leds and clear heat shrink or vinyl and your'e up and running for $15
Likes For bikebikebike:
Old 10-08-22, 08:54 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 228 Times in 180 Posts
It's not difficult to do a DIY flagpole light holder. All you need is a couple of washers, a short piece of PVC tubing, and o-rings. I cut a short section of 1/2" Schedule 40 PVC irrigation pipe (available in short sections at Home Depot), glued two washers to the ends and added the o-rings to position the light on the flagpole. It works better yet if you have a drill bit the exact size of the flagpole. After I glued the end on, I added a little glue around the opening to the washers and then drilled it out to be the exact size I needed to keep the holder in place and not rotating.
I think it is a nice idea but I really did not end up using them on the flagpole because the flagpole is at an angle and I wanted the lights to point straight ahead and straight back for maximum visibility. Instead I mount mine on a plastic tube and mount the tube on the frame and on a handlebar extender. Rear light mounted on frame shown below.

The frame mount is a $5 "360 degree flashlight holder" available on eBay.
Old 10-08-22, 09:31 AM
jays35

Bikes: 3 - Bianchis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Vegas…..very nice and great idea! Thanks for the quick reply!!