Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Lots of Garmin Stuff on sale

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-22, 06:37 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2229 Post(s)
Liked 3,412 Times in 1,783 Posts

At Bike Tires Direct:
https://www.biketiresdirect.com/search?sale=1111garmin
Likes For Polaris OBark:
Old 11-11-22, 07:57 PM
Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 2,305 Times in 1,115 Posts
Thinking of biting on the HRM Dual but I'm also waiting to see what the cardiologist says in December if I should even keep exercising. But I also know whatever he says, I'll keep riding so...

Old 11-11-22, 08:05 PM
fooferdoggie 

Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
I like the polar better the strap is much nicer comes with a buckle.
Old 11-11-22, 10:22 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2229 Post(s)
Liked 3,412 Times in 1,783 Posts
Also REI (just came back from there).
Likes For Polaris OBark:
Old 11-13-22, 01:33 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
The cleats are on sale too. I should stock up.
Old 11-20-22, 08:45 AM
IcySwan1 

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 73 Posts
I use a Garmin Edge 830 and am happy with it. Same with a Varia. I plot routes with My GPS and it works fine. I have bikes in 2 different states and bring the Garmin stuff with me when I travel.

I see both the Garmin 830 and 1030+ are on sale, as well as the Varia. If I get another Edge to leave in one place, will all the information between them synch in Connect? In other words, can I set it up so the data I send to them regarding routes will go to both and data from each sent to Connect also go to the other Edge? I sure there are more elegant ways of posing the question but the idea is to make each Edge get and receive the same information. Thanks.

Mike
Old 11-20-22, 09:01 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3226 Post(s)
Liked 2,059 Times in 1,174 Posts
No, data generated on one Edge does not transfer to another Edge. It only gets up to the Connect website, doesn't go back down to a different device.

Routes/courses you plan on Connect can be sent to both devices.

Last edited by Steve B.; 11-20-22 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-20-22, 09:10 AM
IcySwan1 

SteveB, that sounds right. I was hoping the Garmin universe might have broadly shared data between devices. I can send routes from Connect to each.

Thanks.

Mike
Old 11-20-22, 11:54 AM
wayold

Bikes: Tallboy, Domane, old 90s MTB beater/grocery-getter, and a new franken-gravel experiment based on a Sirrus x 5.0.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
There's a pretty outstanding deal on the 1030 Plus Bundle (compiuter plus HRM, speed and cadence sensors) at Best Buy right now. Half price, $351. This sale started yesterday and quickly sold out, but it's been in stock again since early this morning. Who knows how long it'll last this time, but this is the best price I've ever seen.

I really don't need one, but the bargainista in me couldn't resist (plus the fact that with an old Best Buy gift card I had lying around and the 5% off Chase/PayPal deal I got it for a bit under $300). So now there are three Garmin and three Lezyne bike computers in the house. One for every bike. It's a sickness.

Last edited by wayold; 11-20-22 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-20-22, 01:12 PM
IcySwan1 

Wayold, good tip. I just bought that bundle. Thanks for the heads up.

Mike
Old 11-20-22, 01:29 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

That best Buy sale is really odd. The bundle, which usually sells for about $100 more than the device, is actually $250 cheaper than the device on Best Buys, $350 vs. $600. I was hoping they had maybe similarly discounted the 1030, they didn't.

As well, my 1030 is generally running very well and as much as that's a great deal for a Plus, I can't see spending the money, especially as I also have a Hammerhead Karoo 2.
Old 11-20-22, 02:09 PM
Seattle Forrest

Originally Posted by IcySwan1
I use a Garmin Edge 830 and am happy with it. Same with a Varia. I plot routes with My GPS and it works fine. I have bikes in 2 different states and bring the Garmin stuff with me when I travel.

I see both the Garmin 830 and 1030+ are on sale, as well as the Varia. If I get another Edge to leave in one place, will all the information between them synch in Connect? In other words, can I set it up so the data I send to them regarding routes will go to both and data from each sent to Connect also go to the other Edge? I sure there are more elegant ways of posing the question but the idea is to make each Edge get and receive the same information. Thanks.

Mike
​​​​​​Nope, but that would be very cool! Might be possible with Connect IQ.

You can send routes "over the air" to Edge units and watches. But you have to do the thing for each device you want it to go to.
Old 11-20-22, 03:32 PM
Steve B.

SteveB, that sounds right. I was hoping the Garmin universe might have broadly shared data between devices. I can send routes from Connect to each.

Thanks.

Mike
In use, I cannot think of any reason to have recorded activities from devices shared onto other devices. I think thats mostly a mind set of I have 1 cycling device that I move between bikes, thus every recorded activity is on the one device. I do use a Hammerhead Karoo 2, mostly as I was curious how it would be different as well as having a Garmin Instinct which tracks hikes and kayak trips. The other devices have a different database of rides and activities on them. Both my K2 and my 1030 as well as the Instinct, send to their assorted manufacturers websites which then send to RideWithGPS, which tracks all my activities. I can or course, create routes/courses (as Garmin calls them) and load on to the 1030 and K2 , but have never done so as I don't really keep a set of routes that I use repeatedly, pretty much any course gets used once or so, but thats just my method.
Old 11-20-22, 04:28 PM
Seattle Forrest

Originally Posted by Steve B.
In use, I cannot think of any reason to have recorded activities from devices shared onto other devices.
He's talking about routes he plans to ride, but recordings of rides he's already done.
Old 11-20-22, 04:58 PM
Steve B.

Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
He's talking about routes he plans to ride, but recordings of rides he's already done.
Yes, thats what is being discussed.
Old 11-21-22, 11:59 AM
cuevélo

Bikes: '20 Scott Addict RC 30, '13 Trek Soho Deluxe, '91 Greg Lemond Maillot Jaune, Mid '70s Cuevas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 41 Posts

Mike
You will see some of the data if you have Physio TrueUp turned on.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...8qA0xzJ5X74vm7
Old 11-21-22, 02:27 PM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2599 Post(s)
Liked 1,924 Times in 1,208 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
That best Buy sale is really odd. The bundle, which usually sells for about $100 more than the device, is actually $250 cheaper than the device on Best Buys, $350 vs. $600. I was hoping they had maybe similarly discounted the 1030, they didn't.

As well, my 1030 is generally running very well and as much as that's a great deal for a Plus, I can't see spending the money, especially as I also have a Hammerhead Karoo 2.
Looks like they're really, really sold out. Good news for my credit card.
Old 11-28-22, 11:52 AM
wayold

Bikes: Tallboy, Domane, old 90s MTB beater/grocery-getter, and a new franken-gravel experiment based on a Sirrus x 5.0.

Back again, for now: $351 for the 1030 Plus Bundle.
Old 11-28-22, 12:18 PM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2599 Post(s)
Liked 1,924 Times in 1,208 Posts
Originally Posted by wayold
Save $250 buying the bundle over the naked GPS??
Old 11-28-22, 12:34 PM
wayold

Originally Posted by pdlamb
Save $250 buying the bundle over the naked GPS??
I received mine a couple of days ago and it shipped direct from Garmin in Lenexa, KS. I'm guessing when they were full price a lot more folks bought the "naked GPS" for $600 than the bundle for $700 so now the factory just has a bunch of the older bundles they're trying to get rid of. If you want the current model the Western Bike Works deal on the 1040 for $480 is still going on (shows as $600 initially, but takes 20% off when in cart).
Old 12-12-22, 09:06 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
There's a pretty outstanding deal on the 1030 Plus Bundle (compiuter plus HRM, speed and cadence sensors) at Best Buy right now. Half price, $351. This sale started yesterday and quickly sold out, but it's been in stock again since early this morning. Who knows how long it'll last this time, but this is the best price I've ever seen.

I really don't need one, but the bargainista in me couldn't resist (plus the fact that with an old Best Buy gift card I had lying around and the 5% off Chase/PayPal deal I got it for a bit under $300). So now there are three Garmin and three Lezyne bike computers in the house. One for every bike. It's a sickness.
Thanks for the heads up. My old 510 gave it up big time over the week end. Totally shot both physically and internal electronics all at the same time. So I started looking at new and used Garmins. I was about ready to buy a factory refurbished 1030 (basic 1030 NOT a plus) for $250 on ebay when I saw your post about Best Buy. Couldn't pass up a brand new 1030 plus with the bundle for half price. Thanks for calling that out.