Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Freight Baggage Flight Bag

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Old 06-07-19, 11:13 AM
CXGallery

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been looking for a Freight Baggage Flight Bag for a few years now.

I know that Trash makes their Space Junk version, as well as Mash SF having their Jandd version but really want to source the Freight one. Anyone have one they want to let go, or tips where I could source it? It hasn't been made for quite some time so I'm pretty confident someone is sitting on one just collecting dust somewhere. I need a bag I can travel with (flight/trains), and when I arrive, can build my bike, and then travel with the bike bag either by using it as a backpack, or rolling it down and putting it within my carry-on backpack.

Having a hardcase or bike box won't work, since it needs to be stored somewhere.

Thanks, and all tips are welcomed.
Old 06-07-19, 01:39 PM
BicycleBicycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by CXGallery
I have been looking for a Freight Baggage Flight Bag for a few years now.

I know that Trash makes their Space Junk version, as well as Mash SF having their Jandd version but really want to source the Freight one. Anyone have one they want to let go, or tips where I could source it? It hasn't been made for quite some time so I'm pretty confident someone is sitting on one just collecting dust somewhere. I need a bag I can travel with (flight/trains), and when I arrive, can build my bike, and then travel with the bike bag either by using it as a backpack, or rolling it down and putting it within my carry-on backpack.

Having a hardcase or bike box won't work, since it needs to be stored somewhere.

Thanks, and all tips are welcomed.
I know you wanted a bike case, but if you need to move your bike across a very large distance, and you plan on flying that distance, then there are good alternatives out there.

https://www.bikeflights.com/

You won't have to worry about carrying a bike bag, you just take it and roll.

I guess if you plan on doing this a lot, investing in your own case makes sense, but just letting you know that that exists.

Another cheaper uninsured option is to put it on a truck that's heading in that direction. I've met people that have moved all of their furniture and personal belongings this way.
Some trucks have a lot of room, and they will rent that room out to you.
Old 06-08-19, 03:06 PM
Leukybear 
THE STUFFED

Bikes: R. Sachs Road; EAI Bareknuckle; S-Works Enduro

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
If you're deadset on a freight baggage one, you're going to have to be very patient.
Travis never made many of them to begin with and as you probably discovered, has closed his doors. Not to mention, freight bags have a cult following among the SS/FG community in the SF bay area and dont tend to change hands.

Probably reach out to Trevor Beanes of Zodiac baggage/ TMB as he's the spiritual successor to freight.

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Pound sign: Kilo TT
Old 06-09-19, 04:14 AM
CXGallery

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Leukybear
If you're deadset on a freight baggage one, you're going to have to be very patient.
Travis never made many of them to begin with and as you probably discovered, has closed his doors. Not to mention, freight bags have a cult following among the SS/FG community in the SF bay area and dont tend to change hands.

Probably reach out to Trevor Beanes of Zodiac baggage/ TMB as he's the spiritual successor to freight.
Thanks for this, yeah I have been pretty set on the Freight version since I remember when you used to be able to buy these new, but thought that $350+ for such a bag was outrageous. Now I'm just bitter and kicking myself for not stepping up then, and buying one since I could have used it many time already. I've been combing fleeBay and occasionally Craigslist but not much success. Again, I'm thinking somewhere someone is sitting on one and not using it, so even though it's a long shot, I'm still on the hunt....
Old 03-14-21, 07:14 PM
sfxmuni

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not sure if you're still looking for a Freight Baggage Flight bag but I have one that I'mselling for $300. DM me if you're interested. I'm in SF.