Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Eclipse Road Bikes

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Eclipse Road Bikes

Old 07-26-20, 02:59 PM
lyf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Phew! Just in case anyone else is in this situation, the folks at https://derailleurhanger.com/ were very helpful and helped me find one that fits: it was the "Hanger 49": https://derailleurhanger.com/product...eur-hanger-49/ which is a little smaller than the one in the photos I posted.

However, this is stretching out longer and longer - it seems that in the accident I had the front derailleur also broke, and it is hard to find one that fits this Eclipse bike.

Does anyone have any advice on how to find a front derailleur hanger that works?

The mechanic said they tried a Shimano Sora Braze-On front derailer hanger but it is a very tight fit and maybe an older model (10+ years older) would work, but they cannot find the part.

Thanks so much! It would suck to have to buy a new bike after all this effort, because it is only a few dozen dollars for these parts, although they are proving to be very hard to find for these Eclipse bikes.
Old 08-08-20, 09:35 AM
lyf

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
In case anyone else needs this:

I found a replacement by searching for Shimano Claris Braze-on triple 8 speed front derailleur. It cost about $18 with $20 shipping from Japan on eBay and/or Amazon or UK stores. It replaced the Shimano Sora the mechanic recommended.

The part name and code is:

Shimano Claris FD-R2030-F Front Derailleur 3x8 Speed (Direct mount / Braze-On) EFDR2030F

And it should work for replacing older bikes' derailleurs. The amazon reviews are helpful: https://www.amazon.com/SHIMANO-FD-24.../dp/B00CABR500
Old 09-28-20, 03:36 PM
lyf

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Happy ending! Back on my bike. Parts are listed above in case anyone needs them. So much better to spend a few hundred dollars after this accident rather than a few thousand on a new bike! I hear new bikes (especially 62cm+) are hard to find during the pandemic...

Eclipse bicycle with front and rear derailleur, and north star cruiser handlebars.
Old 10-31-21, 03:30 PM
robertro

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
manufacturer of Eclipse Kinetik?

I searched for Max Ti, with no luck. I have an Eclipse Kinetik titanium frame with Kinesis aluminium fork. It looks very much like the road frame on the Rapid-Titan site. Since Peccos is gone, does anyone here have insight on the origins of the frame? (I realize that this is an older thread but any help would be appreciated.)

Originally Posted by ClydeClydeson
Older (pre-2000 or so) Eclipse bikes were made by Davinci in Quebec (aluminum) and Max Ti in Russia (Titanium). After that the aluminum frames were made in Taiwan by a contract manufacturer.

Derailleur hangers should be available from derailleurhangers.com or wheels manufacturing. You generally only need to know the shape and physical dimensions of the hanger than needs replacing.
Old 11-01-21, 09:35 AM
ClydeClydeson

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 581 Post(s)
Liked 921 Times in 518 Posts
robertro I contacted Rapid-Titan a few months ago to ask if they produced the Ti bikes for Peccos, and what alloy they used. Gouges in the chainstay of my Eclipse MTB have progressed into a crack.

They responded that Rapid-Titan is the manufacturer of at least some of Eclipse Ti bikes. I don't know if they did the later ones with carbon rear ends.
Likes For ClydeClydeson:
Old 11-05-21, 12:45 PM
robertro

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ClydeClydeson
robertro I contacted Rapid-Titan a few months ago to ask if they produced the Ti bikes for Peccos, and what alloy they used. Gouges in the chainstay of my Eclipse MTB have progressed into a crack.

They responded that Rapid-Titan is the manufacturer of at least some of Eclipse Ti bikes. I don't know if they did the later ones with carbon rear ends.
Sorry to hear about your frame; is the chainstay titanium or carbon? I understand that titanium is easily repaired by a qualified titanium welder.

Thanks for the info. Rapid-Titan's web page mentions that they produced frames for various vendors in North America and Europe. My frame is all Ti, and I haven't found any non-Eclipse frames similar to mine on the internet. The rear dropouts have a unique feature - two 7mm circular cutouts in each dropout - which is consistent with the current Rapid-Titan road model. I'd be curious about what other vendors used this frame.
Old 11-08-21, 10:58 AM
ClydeClydeson

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 581 Post(s)
Liked 921 Times in 518 Posts
robertro Mine is a full Ti mtb, made before they started selling the Ti-Carbon frames.