Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

1985 Trek 620 Cirrus build up.

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

1985 Trek 620 Cirrus build up.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-21, 03:59 PM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1955 Post(s)
Liked 3,661 Times in 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasongrace313
I took it out yesterday for a 20 mile ride and while nothing stood out as needing attention and nothing hurt I’m buying a 22-1/2 620 Cirrus frame and gonna base the build off of that frame. I don’t love the stem but it does make the small frame useable. It looks goofy in my opinion, which is only magnified by the high sitting bar bag. I would like to get the fenders figured out. I’m weighing the options of leaving them as is, paint, powder coating, or another option could be using 3M vinyl wrap that has reflective quality’s which could also have multiple colors or patterns like paint and also could be redone where paint would be a bit more work. I bought some samples and while the color is close it doesn’t match to my liking.

Close but the flakes are smaller and reflective qualities are much different. It looks darker in the dark and lighter in the light, matching perfectly or even close may not be an option but I could use the silver that the bike is accented with. Maybe I’ll give it a shot anyway. It’s not terribly off.
22 1/2 is my size! Lucky find.
Likes For 52telecaster:
Old 09-04-21, 04:06 PM
Jasongrace313

Bikes: 82 John Howard built by Dave Moulton, 06 Lemond Croix de Fer, 85 trek 620, Trek Fx 7.2, Giant escape 2, Gt Karakoram, Electra Townie 7D,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 34 Posts
Hopefully it fits well, otherwise I’ll be shopping a 24 and they seem a little harder to come by. I’m excited to get one done and dialed though. Riddle and Golden in this thread have really done some beautiful work, and there’s a few others that are outstanding.

Last edited by Jasongrace313; 09-04-21 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Typo
Likes For Jasongrace313:
Old 10-10-22, 08:10 PM
Jasongrace313

Bikes: 82 John Howard built by Dave Moulton, 06 Lemond Croix de Fer, 85 trek 620, Trek Fx 7.2, Giant escape 2, Gt Karakoram, Electra Townie 7D,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 34 Posts
Just been riding it.

It’s fun, I tried this dirt drop stem, but I feel like it’s too tall and close. I have a few others to swap it with. It’s a great all around machine, while the 700x41’s and wide tires are fun, I keep going back to the 27x1.25. I still haven’t mounted the fenders.