Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

OT Bianchi

Old 10-01-22, 11:23 AM
markwesti

Bikes: 86' Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked 314 Times in 175 Posts
OT Bianchi

Well it is C&V . This thing is a monster , story here . Progress is fine, but it's gone on for too long.: Bianchi supercharged four 1939

Last edited by markwesti; 10-01-22 at 11:26 AM.
Likes For markwesti:
Old 10-01-22, 11:30 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2912 Post(s)
Liked 2,836 Times in 1,460 Posts
I’m not sure about the Americans but Bianchi was huge in motorcycle racing back in the day. They also made some beautiful luxury automobiles and trucks the facist brought the war to Italy and all that fell away.

they're a bit spendy at times but this is a fabulous book for learning more than you ever wanted to know about Bianchi.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 10-01-22, 12:36 PM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 602 Posts
Originally Posted by markwesti
Well it is C&V . This thing is a monster , story here . Progress is fine, but it's gone on for too long.: Bianchi supercharged four 1939
Now thats BADA55... interesting how they never crawled back to such heights neither with motorbikes nor with cars. Maybe for the better for the cyclist community.
Likes For Lattz:
Old 10-01-22, 12:48 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2912 Post(s)
Liked 2,836 Times in 1,460 Posts
Lattz I suspect the post war economy had much to with it. It was likely much cheaper to build and own a bicycle than a motorcycle or car.

Nutella was allegedly invented as a post war way to bring chocolate to masses at a cheap price. Now we think of it as almost a gourmet product.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 10-01-22, 02:12 PM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 602 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Lattz I suspect the post war economy had much to with it. It was likely much cheaper to build and own a bicycle than a motorcycle or car.

Nutella was allegedly invented as a post war way to bring chocolate to masses at a cheap price. Now we think of it as almost a gourmet product.
Yes, I know about the postwar economy, but what surprises me, that they kept making bikes until the late 60's but even after the economy got back on its feet, they didn't beat that line again to this level. In 39 such a motorbike was like racing an Oltre in the 80's (although also true that theoretical advantages of a prototype don't always mean advantage against mature lesser tech).

The funniest with the Nutella story is that t"the smart improvement" that time was the addition of hazelnut as a cheap ingredient to be able to reduce chocolate content which became expensive. Today they are racing hand in hand to beat gold....
Likes For Lattz: