Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

My cumulative mileage in 2020

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 01-11-20, 02:13 PM
Moishe
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 44 Posts

So far, I’ve ridden 36.4 miles in 2020. All of it today. It was a scorcher of a day in Connecticut, so I was forced off my Zwift trainer and out onto the road. It was great! I haven’t been out on the road for a long time, not since early December, but it’s a lot like Zwift. It felt strange at first to be pedaling my real-life avatar through the real world, but I got used to it pretty quickly. It turns out that road biking is indeed like riding a bike—once you learn how to do it, you never really forget.
Likes For Moishe:
Old 01-11-20, 05:35 PM
gevad 

Bikes: Obed Baseline, Cannondale Topstone, Specialized Roubaix, Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Cheers!
Old 01-12-20, 05:04 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts
Winter hasn't really started here yet, same heat wave you had enabled me to do a 40 mile club ride in the 65 degree temperature.

But, in Feb/March, when most of cycling does switch to Zwift, when I do get in an outdoor ride I'm always disappointed that there aren't crowds of people lining the sidewalk waving at me...
Old 01-12-20, 12:17 PM
Johnny Rad

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Zwifting outside is def a thing.

4" of snow today here.
Old 01-12-20, 05:31 PM
Moishe
Banned.

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 44 Posts
This is exactly what Greta Thunberg has been talking about. Today was another oppressively hot day in Connecticut in the middle of January. Once again, my real-life avatar was forced out into the real world, where the roads are much bumpier than they are in Watopia, where no one sends me a “ride on,” and where bicyclists are menaced by life-threatening pickup trucks and by young TransAm dickheads. But still, I lived to talk about it, and my accumulated mileage for 2020 is now a whopping 60.3 miles.