Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Late 80s Puch Mistral Leader

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Late 80s Puch Mistral Leader

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-21, 02:30 PM
noteddy

Bikes: 87 LeMond Pro, CdA group; 86 Bertoni, SR group, early 80s Rossin Pista, Record group; 86 Rockhopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
Correction: that bike, belonging to BFisher, is what started THIS thread.
Old 10-17-21, 02:48 AM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 654 Posts
Celeste Puch

Originally Posted by noteddy
That's a sweet Bianchi. I assume you're over missing out on that Puch back in the day. Odd they would use celeste paint on a Puch-branded frame. I do like the pearl white paint. There's a thread somewhere on C&V with photos of a recently-built NOS pearl-white Mistral that is in mint condition, gorgeous.
The price was right but did I need another bike that would have been similar to the 2 Bianchis I already had. A rose by any other name...

The stickers on the Puch bikes shown in this thread say Puch Bicycles, South San Francisco, Made In Italy which was probably the regional warehouse at one point. VeloSport in Berkeley was just across the SF Bay so they had access to the leftovers and crumbs... The bike had some Puch as well as Bianchi features and was more than likely assembled from whatever parts, even decals that were on hand at the end of the run...

verktyg

Chas. ;-)