Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Brompton Tire Sealant

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Brompton Tire Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-20, 08:53 AM
Pahana

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Brompton Tire Sealant

I've added sealant to my Brompton tires. In fact my wife's front tire was flat when I went to do this from the ride the day before. I added 1 Oz of Stan's to each tube on both bikes. I guess that is about right for the tire size. If anyone else has done this and has something to add please let me know. I did have to change out the front tube on my bike as it wasn't a removable core but all in all it went well and I hope to stop pin hole flats.
Old 10-07-20, 10:21 AM
zebede
Hello

Bikes: n+1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 25 Posts
IMO the best way to reduce flats is to upgrade to quality tires.
Likes For zebede:
Old 10-08-20, 01:14 PM
12boy

Bikes: brompton sl, surly steamroller, fuji track, gary fisher bmx minivelo etc

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Pahana
I've added sealant to my Brompton tires. In fact my wife's front tire was flat when I went to do this from the ride the day before. I added 1 Oz of Stan's to each tube on both bikes. I guess that is about right for the tire size. If anyone else has done this and has something to add please let me know. I did have to change out the front tube on my bike as it wasn't a removable core but all in all it went well and I hope to stop pin hole flats.
Since I did the same I've had 0 flats.
Old 10-09-20, 08:35 AM
Pahana

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 12boy
Since I did the same I've had 0 flats.
How much sealant did you use in each tire. How long since you've installed sealant are you flat free. On my mountain bike I've never had a flat in 4 years of tubeless riding. I will add that on my wife's mountain bike that isn't tubeless she's never had a flat in 3 years.
Old 10-10-20, 06:38 AM
ttakata73

Bikes: *1998 GT Forte Ti 700c, Totem KDS-D 26" fatbike, BirdyGT 18", Brompton M2LX 16"

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I added slime tube sealant to my fatbike and it rarely needs air top-ups. A plain tube alone loses most air in 1-2weeks, but my fatbike will go for months with no major drop in psi. I just added some to my Brompton with Kojaks so pumped them up to 100psi and will see how much they lose in a week.

Last edited by ttakata73; 10-10-20 at 07:03 AM.